Chapter 7

JENNIE

I stroked the small picture slowly with my thumb while I blocked out my outside world. Every time I missed her and needed something to cheer me up, I would take out her picture and just look at it.

I always had this picture with me and I never left the front door without it.

"We are here, boss." My driver said suddenly, and I immediately came back to reality. I then looked out the window, where I could see us stopping in front of the large warehouse. The two cars behind and in front of us were also parked while my driver also brought the car to a stop. 

I sighed quietly as I looked at the picture again and put it inside my jacket pocket.

After the driver opened the door for me, I got out of the car and immediately looked at the large warehouse that was right in front of me. It towered over several sticks, surrounded by a vast, dark forest, and was quite off-kilter. Even if it wasn't the best, it served its purpose and that was the most important thing.

Here I can do my work in peace without being disturbed. Because I can't stand that at all. If uamug interrupts or

Here I can do my work in peace without being disturbed. Because I can't stand that it at all when someone interrupts or disturbs me.

"The men are already here." One of my men said, and I then nodded. Together, with my other men, we walked towards the large warehouse. The large gates were immediately opened for us and we then ran into the cold hall. I was quickly greeted by the other men and they then led me further into the hall.

"Is everything prepared already?" I asked one of them, who then immediately nodded his head.

"Yes, boss." He said and couldn't even look me in the eyes. Many of my men couldn't even look at me and didn't even dare to talk to me. But I didn't hold it against them either. They were afraid of me and they respected me even more and I think that's better because they should be afraid of me too.

Because it would be better to fear me than to love me.

"Good." I spoke coldly and then walked in.

Another door that led me into another large hall. This time this hall wasn't empty like the other one.

There were at least ten men tied up and crumpled to the ground. My men stood around them while their eyes were covered and their arms and legs tied with ropes. 

When I saw all these bastards, a smile slowly crept onto my face.

I immediately noticed how they were shaking all over their bodies and I could feel their fear very close to me which just made the whole thing better for me. These men messed with the wrong woman and will pay for their betrayal.

"I hope you all know why you are here." I suddenly said loudly into the room, and the atmosphere here became more and more tense. I took off my jacket, and then one of the men quickly came to me and took it from me.

I then slowly walked down the line where these men were kneeling on the ground and probably shitting their pants.

"I hope you know that this is the end of you." I said gleefully, while smiling slightly. That was a sign for my men to give me a gun. One of them immediately came to me and held it out to me. I slowly took the cold thing in my hand and looked at them with a grin.

I obsess over a lot of things and weapons are one of them. I have carried them in my hands and admired them since I was a child. Since I was a child, a gun has been my only friend. It did what I told and didn't resist me.

"You screwed up and now you have to face death. Makes sense, doesn't it?" I asked quietly, but didn't expect an answer. 

These men knew that they no longer had a chance, that they had lost. It was their decision to do business with me, I never have anyone with me forced but if they try to screw me, unfortunately there is no way out because I know no mercy. I don't care why they did it or who they even are.

Nobody is fucking with me.

Just as I loaded my gun and ran back to the front of the line, I suddenly heard a loud wail but I just ignored it. I aimed my gun at one of the men's foreheads and was about to shoot when the man who had been whining loudly the whole time suddenly started talking.

"You can't do that!" The man who was in the middle of the row shouted, making me look at him in surprise.

One of my men wanted to put the cloth in his mouth straight away, but I made it clear to him that he shouldn't do it.

I wanted him to keep talking.

"We have family and a life. Damn it! I have daughters, you asshole!" The man shouted, furious, causing me to slowly raise my eyebrows. One of my men looked at me asking if he should do something, but I shook my head.

"Keep talking." I ordered him as I then ran to him. He then immediately remained silent and I could see how excited and nervous he was. My men also looked at me excitedly because they knew how I was like. They knew I hated being interrupted.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kim. I just mean that we deserve a second chance." Once his eyes had adjusted to the light, his gaze immediately shot to me and I could practically see the fear and remorse in his eyes, which made me smile.

"So a second chance? So you think you deserve a second chance?" I asked him, and he then nodded his head slowly and fearfully. I then laughed quietly and shook my head in amusement.

"You knew what you were getting yourself into, right?" I asked him, and he nodded his head again.

"And you knew about the consequences if you don't do what were you ordered to do, right?" I asked him, whereupon he nodded his head again. But this time more uncertainly and more slowly.

"And you really think I'll give you a second chance?" I said, but this time he didn't do anything and just looked at me with wide eyes. I ran my hand through my hair and closed my eyes for a brief moment.

"Grab him." I ordered my men as I got back up on my feet. While this man opened his eyes in shock, two of my men came to him and immediately put him back on his feet.

"I'll take care of him later." I told my men, who then immediately knew what to do.

"Wait! NO! PLEASE!" The man screamed while my men dragged him out of the hall. When they were finally gone, I sighed and held my gun up again.

"You're lucky that my time has been wasted and I have to hurry now." I said to the other remaining men on the ground.

"I'll do it quickly and painlessly." I said as I then held my gun in their direction. I briefly enjoyed the sounds of their quiet prayers and howls.

Then I shot them one by one without even batting an eyelid. How their lifeless bodies then fell to the cold ground as more shots were fired, brought joy to me. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed having power of life and death over people.

When I was finished, I let out a quiet sigh of relief and slowly let my hand with the gun fall. Then I turned around and walked towards the door again while my men opened the door and of course immediately followed me.

"Get rid of the corpses." I said to one, who then nodded in understanding and ran with others to the lifeless bodies.

"Did you get all the information?" I then asked someone else, who immediately came to me and took out a few documents from his suitcase. While he was briefly looking for something in them, I put my gun in my pocket and ordered someone else to give me my jacket back.

"Ms. Manoban works every Friday and Saturday in a small café from 6 p.m. to midnight, boss." He said and held up a timetable to me.

"Tell the driver the address to this cafe. He should drive me there now." I ordered him. He then nodded his head and quickly rushed outside.

It's time to visit my girl after a long time.