Valhalla calling by Miracle of sound

Magnus Chase was in the Chase Space when he got the text from Alex (she/her) that there was a new Einherji going to be staying on floor 19. And that Kara the Clumsy but lovable Valkyrie was the one who brought him in. So, he went as quickly as he could back to Valhalla.

When he got there, he heard yelling. Of course it was normal for people to fight (mostly physically) in the halls of Valhalla. But this was verbal.

"I don't know what kind of sick joke you are trying to pull here, but I'll tell you this! I'm not dead! This isn't the afterlife." The new guy said.

'Oh no!' Magnus thought. 'This kid needs someone to break it to him.' As the most peaceful member of floor 19, Magnus ends up being the welcome committee more often than not.

"Hey, Kara, what is going on?" Magnus asked.

"He's delulu!" Kara answered.

The new guy rolled his eyes. "I've been to the underworld! I have even been to Tatarus! This definitely isn't it."

"The underworld isn't real." Kara stated as if fact.

Alex and Magnus look at each other. This guy being Greek is impossible if he was here right? Only one way to find out.

Pushing Kara aside, he goes up to him and says."I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Magnus Chase."

The new kid's eyes widened in recognition. "You're Annabeth's cousin! Wait, I thought you died."

"Well I technicall-'' Magnus didn't get to finish what he was saying. Odin barged in and headed straight for them.

"Kara, what did you do?" Odin asked.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. I just picked up a new member for floor 19!" Kara replied. She was definitely scared at this point.

He looked directly at the new guy for a moment then immediately said. "You need to hide him befor-" "before I find out?" A person (who looked more like a shadow then a person) materialized out of thin air.

"Lord Hades?" The kid whispered. Hades glanced at him for a moment. Magnus almost thought he imagined it.

"You have a soul that belongs to me." Hades said.

"Now Hades, you can't blame me it w-" "save your breath. There are too many ears here! We should have this discussion privately."

Odin nodded and led Hades into his office.

"Why would a death god show up for you?" Kara asked.

The kid didn't answer, he just stared at the door.

"Well, I'm Kara, the Valkyrie. And you are?" Kara asked.

"Will. William Andrew Solace!" He said.

~

"I'm sorry but I can't unmake him an Einherji. You know the rules, Hades!" Odin stated.

Hades sighed. It was one thing that his son lost Will to death, now he can't even see him?

"There isn't anything you could do?" Hades asked.

Odin thought of it then snapped his fingers. "There!"

"You moron, that doesn't help!" Hades stated.

"Well that is all I can do for you." Odin replied.

Hades sighed, he was hoping to fix what had been lost. His son couldn't take yet another loss. But it's not like he didn't try.

"You take what is mine again there will be war!" Hades warned and with that, he left.

~

"So, your dad is a sun god?" Magnus asked.

"Yeah, I'm probably one of the lucky ones because of it." Will said.

"Even though you're dead?" Alex asked. Both Magnus and Kara yelled her name. She just smiled.

It was then when they heard Odin walk back out.

"What happened to Lord Hades?" Will asked. Will was hoping he could go to the underworld like he was supposed to! But the look on Odin's face made him doubt it.

"Floor 19, meet your newest member. William Andrew Solace, son of the Greek god Apollo, healer and archer."

They all cheered.

But Will felt utterly alone.

He was led to a room on the 19th floor. Magnus said before leaving, "I just would like you to know, my door is right down the hall if you need me."

Will didn't reply. He just closed the door and started to cry.

He was a mess. He wasn't even talking to Nico like he used to. And now he would never get to see him again. He sat there crying until he felt something rub against his leg.

"Cookie? What are you doing here?" Will said looking at the Cocoa Puff in front of him.

Cookie showed him when Nico was sad and felt alone. His year on the street, when his sister wouldn't show, and when Jason died.

"Well at least I have you!" Will said with a smile.

Will walked over to the bed in this room that was bigger than any he had in a long time. And slept.

When Magnus came by later to bring him to the dining hall, he was still out of it. So Magnus let him sleep. He knew more than most what it was like to know that more than one set of gods were real.

~

It took a couple weeks, but Will sat down with everyone.

(Alex he/him) sat next to Will and he seemed to be doing better than had. Magnus didn't sit at the table. He went home to the Chase space. And questioned if any of these kids were teen demigods and how many would join the ranks of the Einherji.

He didn't think too much about it. Death is unpredictable after all.

Sam came by later and they ate falafel and told Sam what happened. She was horribly sad for Will but also glad that her Brother and his partner were going to be there for him.

Magnus thanked her for the food then went back inside. Where a new face was sitting there petting a black tarantula.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around." Magnus commented.

"That's because I just got kicked out." He said.

"You could stay here, if you needed a place." Magnus said.

"I don't need a place to stay, I just... I needed to get away from everyone. They have been nothing but amazing but.." "Is it overwhelming?" "Yeah." "I'm Magnus!" "I know! Your cousin told me about this place." "Oh! Well I will leave you to it!" "Thank you!"

Magnus left him and his Tarantula alone.