Memories

Raziel sat in his study, a dark and gloomy room barely illuminated by the faint light of a few candles. He was surrounded by ancient books and scrolls that contained secrets and arcane knowledge. Fury and frustration consumed him as he pondered how to expose Cael. He knew time was running out and he needed to act swiftly and precisely.

"I can't just go out and accuse Cael of treason," he muttered to himself, clenching his fists. "Ariana is too powerful. People follow her blindly, and without concrete evidence, no one will believe me. A vampire in power..." he laughed bitterly. "It's such an absurd idea I'd be ridiculed."

The door to his study opened slowly, revealing one of his trusted men, Darion, a shrewd and loyal young man.

"My lord, we have searched every corner of Luxuria, but we have found nothing we can use against Cael," Darion reported, his voice laden with concern.

Raziel turned sharply towards him, his gaze piercing.

"That can't be!" he exclaimed. "There must be something, some clue, some trace. Cael couldn't have gotten this far without leaving tracks."

Darion lowered his head, aware of his master's wrath.

"I know, my lord. But Cael is cunning and has covered his tracks well. We haven't found anything we can use to discredit him."

Raziel took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He knew he needed to think clearly.

"Very well, Darion. We need a new approach. Something that gives us an edge. We can't keep searching in vain," he said, his voice more controlled. "We need to be smarter than him."

Darion lifted his head, nodding slowly.

"What do you suggest, my lord?"

Raziel paced back and forth, his mind working frenetically.

"We need to find something that Ariana cannot refute," he finally said. "Something even she has to accept as truth. We need irrefutable evidence of Cael's true nature."

Darion frowned, pondering Raziel's words.

"But where can we find something like that? Cael has been very careful."

Raziel stopped, his face lighting up with an idea.

"The ancient records," he said. "Vampires have left traces throughout history. If we can find some document, some proof that Cael has been involved in significant events, we can use it against him."

Darion nodded, seeing the logic in the plan.

"That might work, my lord. But where do we start looking?"

Raziel smiled, a cold and calculating smile.

"In the hidden libraries of Luxuria. There are places where the oldest and most secret records are kept. Places where few dare to go. We need a trustworthy team, someone who can infiltrate and search without being detected."

Darion nodded again, understanding the gravity of the mission.

"Understood, my lord. I will recruit our best men for the task. We will not fail."

Raziel looked at Darion with a mixture of confidence and warning.

"You'd better not, Darion. This is our last chance. If we fail, everything will be lost. And I assure you, we cannot afford that."

Darion left the study with renewed determination, while Raziel returned to his desk, his thoughts already focused on the next move. He knew the battle was far from over, but with cunning and patience, he was confident he would find a way to expose Cael and reclaim his position in Luxuria.