7 - Abilities

Fritz Smith

Fritz and Jeremy had spent the next few hours pondering on what some of the mysterious components could do. Despite pouring over the question, they made little headway – the best theory they could come up with was that the metal grid was somehow related to Fritz possessing the animatronic. It wasn't very enlightening, but it did make sense: everything else in Fritz's body seemed "normal", more or less – or at least as normal as something connected to Freddy's could be.

Left with some answers – and a lot more questions – Fritz resolved himself to figure out what his new body could do. Somehow, his "soul" could control the animatronic's movements, and he knew that he was able to force himself asleep. He let out a laugh – a strange thought manifesting in his mind: maybe he could use his soul to "feel" what was inside his body.

Had he still been human, he would have rejected the thought, but extenuating circumstances turned logic and reason on their heads. Fritz closed his eyes, letting out a shallow breath in the process. He sat in silence for a while, acclimating himself to his mind. The experience reminded him of the warehouse, but he quickly vanquished those thoughts – he had to stay focused.

He tried to move his arm through thought alone. He started by envisioning the movement, picturing what the action would look like, but it wasn't enough. He dove deeper, imagining electrical impulses feeding into wires, traveling into the servos lining his elbow joint and emitting motion, accompanied by the barely audible click of precise movement. It wasn't enough! He could feel it now. Taste it. In front of him – no, everywhere around him, inside of him – was an intricate lattice. It was completely colorless. In fact, as he soon noticed, he couldn't see the lattice so much as he could feel it, every imperfection in its design made obvious to him. He could feel waves of energy roaring through it, slowly warping the lattice but ultimately leaving it unchanged.

He followed the energy, tracing its path as it moved through the lattice. As he moved forward, he noticed the lattice slowly rotating, its structure looking something like a spiral. As the lattice twisted, he watched as waves of energy crashed into its sides, and, with nowhere left to go, were violently ejected from the lattice. He once more followed one of those waves, gazing in astonishment as the energy took on a corporeal form, appearing somewhat like some of the particles in the lattice.

He followed the energy for a time, venturing out into empty space, before another lattice came into view. Strangely, this one appeared to be rotating. He watched closely as the particles of energy smashed into the lattice, no doubt the reason it was spinning. He gazed outwards, noting an expanse of similar particles, all crashing into the lattice.

Twitch.

Fritz's eyes bolted opening, his vision immediately focusing on an arm that was slowly rising of its own accord. He swiftly regained control, wrenching the arm back down. To his relief, it complied.

Blinking back shock, Fritz took a moment to fully comprehend the implications of this. He realized, with elation, that he had managed to manually control his body. Sure, he could already move his arm normally, but this was just the first step.

Hours passed as Fritz became more and more comfortable with the process, the idea of interacting with the animatronic body directly becoming more and more intuitive. It still wasn't quite as natural as walking, but after a bit of practice, it was nearly effortless.

Having mastered basic control, Fritz decided to up the ante. He knew there were motors to open his chest cavity and move his face plates – and while he had had some success with the chest cavity, he was completely unable to move the face plates. Applying his new new technique, he was astonished – and slightly repulsed – as he felt parts of his face lift up. This would take some getting used to. Haha, as if it was the only thing.