Prologue

A few years ago, two families lived in the beautiful city of Norwich, in Norfolk.

One family was the Armstrong family. Abraham Armstrong was a cardiac surgeon, while his wife, Mrs Eve Armstrong, was a nurse. They worked at the same hospital in Norwich. A very active Catholic couple, they had five children together, three sons and two daughters. Bartholomew was the oldest and was a student at Oxford. His dream was to be like his father. Abigail was the second oldest and wanted to be a writer one day, although her parents wanted her to become a nurse or a teacher. They were happier that her younger sister Delilah wanted to become a nurse after she finished secondary school. Heterozygous twins Paul and Nathan were the ones to cause more troubles and made a lot of pranks. Poor Abigail Armstrong was the one to take care of everything in the house due to the fact her parents thought (wrongly) that the oldest daughter and son's duties were to take care of the younger siblings, but Bartholomew was a lazy boy and was spoiled rotten by their parents.

The other one was the McPherson family. Frank McPherson was a cardiac surgeon, while Mrs Antonia McPherson, his wife, was a nurse. They worked at the same hospital of Mr and Mrs Armstrong, but they tried to not interact a lot since they hated each other a lot. They were Anglican and had three children. The two oldest were Eli and Ginevra and at twenty they were students of medicine at Oxford. The parents were mad their daughter wanted to become a doctor and not a nurse. Their third child was Ezekiel, Zeke for everyone but his parents. He was the same age as Abigail and was as smart as her. He wanted to become an historian, much at the demise of his parents. They would prefer he was a doctor or a scientist and not a damn historian. Dr and Mrs McPherson didn't love their children and hated them for no actual reason. Their children felt that and resented them for this. A lot.

The two families hated each other very deeply for some reasons, but Ezekiel and Abigail didn't hate each other. They loved each other and were a couple since they were 14. They kept a secret from everyone but Ginevra, who really like the young Armstrong girl. The two lovebirds became more serious when Abigail discovered she was with child. The parents were unhappy with the new situation and the only relatives on the couple's side were Eli, Ginevra, Paul, Nathan, one of Abigail's cousins and Abigail's grandmother Agatha. The other two people to know about them were their best friends Aaron Fletcher and Ruth Byrne. They were there for them at every step and helped them in the manner they could.