6

We are waiting for Father Lawrence in the church. Abigail is praying while I'm reading a pamphlet.

Now everyone in our life knows about the pregnancy and Abigail's belly is starting to show up under her school shirt. At school we receive a lot of dirty looks, but we expected that. The twins live with us now and are happy. Abigail says they changed for the better since they changed homes. Our parents started a smear campaign against each other and are trying to blame to other couple for our pregnancy, my moving, and the twins' moving. I only care they don't say a word about our new little family headed by Agatha.

We passed Christmas with my siblings. Eli and Ginevra love Abigail and the twins and the thing is reciprocated. I went with Agatha, Abigail, my siblings, and the twins to Midnight Mass. I liked it. We received dirty looks from Abigail's family, but for the rest was good.

My birthday was a few days ago, on January 6th, and we had a little celebration at home. Nothing big. I received a garnet bracelet from Abigail, a wallet and a duffle bag from Agatha and the twins, a Swiss army knife from Eli and Ginevra, a nice watch from Aaron and Ruth (I think they spent a good chunk of their savings for this).

Father Lawrence comes to us. He is in his early sixties and has greying hair. He's smiling at us. «So you wanted to talk about something.» he says sitting on the row in front of us.

«Yes, Father. We want to get marry in this church.» Abigail says. He looks at me and says: «You are Anglican, right?»

«I was. I stopped believing a long time ago. I think I was... twelve or thirteen I guess.» I answer.

«Why do you want to get marry in a Catholic church? Baby on the way aside.»

«It's important to my future wife and my future grandmother-in-law. If it's important to them, it's important to me. Abby's important to me and her happiness means everything to me.»

«So, nobody obligated you to marry her, right?»

«Right. We decided on our free will.»

«Good. Do you have a date in mind?»

«April 11th. It's after both our 18th birthday.»

«We were thinking about not putting out the banners. Is that possible?»

«We can apply for a Common License. This way we won't need banners.»

«Thanks, Father.»

«May I talk in private to Ezekiel?»

«Yes, Sir.»

Abigail gets up and goes near the end of the church. «So... what do you want to talk about, Sir?» I ask.

«I want to talk about the possibility of let your child grow Catholic. You says you stop believing years ago...» he says.

«We already decide that our child will be baptize and grow up as a Catholic. To Abby her faith is important, and I want her to be happy. Her happiness is the only thing I care about. I'm happy if she's happy. I love her and want to marry her as soon as possible. I would have done that even without the baby on the way.»

«And when is she happy?»

«She is happier since she moved out from her parents' house and when she's with me and our friends. She is happy when it's raining and on Sunday because she can come here. She's also happy when we eat pizza or chips. She's happy when everything goes as she thought. She's happy when she's listening to Adele, Queen and The Beatles. I can go on for hours if you want.»

«Oh, it's enough. Did you already talk about the godparents?»

«Yes. Our best friends Aaron and Ruth will be the child's godparents.»