7

It's Valentine's Day. Tonight, Abigail and I will have a date together. This our last Valentine Day without a child. We are going to Saporita, our favourite pizzeria. It's almost 3 miles from where we live, but Agatha is going to take use there and will come later to bring us home.

Abigail's birthday was last Monday. I got her a purse she really wanted. I used part of my savings to buy her gift, and she really appreciated that. Agatha and the twins bought her a beautiful necklace, while Aaron and Ruth got her a duffle bag. Eli and Ginevra got her a vinyl record player so she can listen to some old vinyls her grandfather's left to her.

Yesterday we had an appointment with the gynaecologist. We are having a girl. We are sure on Agatha as first name, while we are starting to talk about middle names. We are thinking about Adele, Ruth and Victoria right now.

Father Lawrene wrote to the right people for our Common Licence a couple of days ago and told us they likely will take a little bit. I hope they will give it to us. It's really important to us.

I'm preparing in the twins' room while Abigail is getting ready in our room. «You look great.» Nathan says. I just have jeans and a polo,

«Thank you, Nate.» I say. I exit the room and go downstairs. Agatha is preparing the roses I bought for Abigail. She looks at me and smiles. «You are perfect for this evening.» she says.

«Thanks. Nate thinks the same thing.» I say. I walk and take the roses. I'm nervous, although I'm trying to not show it. At a certain point, I see the twins coming down the stairs. They are smiling. Abigail comes down in a beautiful blue maternity dress. «You are beautiful.» I say smiling at her. I give her the roses. She smiles at me and kisses me on my lips. I'm so glad to have her. We and Agatha leave the house and get in Agatha's cars. We go to Saporita. «Be careful. I love you.» Agatha says.

«I love you too, granny.» Abigail says. We go to the restaurant while she goes away. We find a table and sit down. Abigail puts one hand on her belly. «She's kicking a little bit.» she says. I stretch out an arm and say: «Hey, baby girl, what about calming out a little bit? Daddy's here.»

I start to talk to her a little. I feel she is calming down. «Thanks. She calmed down.» Abigail says smiling. I retreat my arm and look at the menu. «I will take the Bufala.» I say after a moment.

«Me too.» Abigail says. A waiter comes to us to and takes our orders. While we are waiting for our food, I notice Reginald and Adeline entering in the restaurant. Damn it. I didn't expect them to arrive right now. I grab Abigail's hand. Adeline notices us while they are searching where to sit down. She comes towards us. «Look who is here! Abigail and Ezekiel!» she exclaims walking towards us. Reginald doesn't follow her and tries to find a table.

«Hi, Adeline.» I say. I'm not a religious person, but I'm praying she goes away.

«How is the pregnancy going?»

«Good.» Abigail answers.

«You are such a good Catholic girl that you are pregnant before your wedding.»

«At least, I'm with someone who really loves me and not someone who think I'm annoying. I think you had to fight to convince Reginald to take you out on Valentine's Day.»

Adeline didn't expect this answer from Abigail. She looks shocked right now. She tries to grab the water (probably she wants to pour it on Abigail to humiliate her), but I grab her wrist. «Do it and I'm going to slap you across the face.» I say. I won't do that, but she doesn't know about this. I want to scar her right now. I feel bad saying this, but she needs to leave us alone. Adeline retreats her hand and walks away. She sits down at the table Reginald found. «Good.» I say.