CHAPTER 6

Kaito's unorthodox training methods begin with a 4 a.m. wake-up call, followed by a trip to a mountainous terrain. He instructs Akira and Mikage to attack him with their full strength, but with a twist: he'll only use his hands, without any magic.

Mikage's curiosity gets the better of him, and he asks Kaito about the technique used to defeat the elderly sorcerer. Kaito's response reveals that he didn't use a spell, and it's a secret smiling.

Kaito elaborates on the concept of mana, revealing that it's the essence of one's soul leaking out, connecting them to the world's energies. This allows sorcerers to tap into and manipulate various elements like fire and water.

However, using mana comes at a physical cost, reducing a person's mana output without affecting their soul. The amount of mana released varies, with manipulation-based magic being less taxing than creation-based spells or those that defy comprehension.

Kaito's explanation highlights the dual limitations of magic:

1. Imagination: A sorcerer's creativity and understanding of magic.
2. Mana: The physical reserves that fuel the body.

Kaito cracked his knuckles, a fierce grin spreading across his face. "Alright, let's get started! Come at me with everything you've got, Mikage and Akira!"

Mikage took the lead, his eyes blazing with intensity. "Inferno Blast!" he shouted, unleashing a wave of flames at Kaito.

But Kaito was too fast, dodging the attack with ease. Akira followed up with a swift kick, but Kaito sidestepped it effortlessly.

Mikage pressed the attack, summoning fireballs and flames to scorch Kaito. But Kaito countered with his bare hands, his movements a blur as he deflected every flame.

Akira tried to find an opening, but Kaito's defenses were impenetrable. Every attack was met with a swift counter, sending Akira and Mikage flying back.

The two sorcerers exchanged blows, but Kaito remained unfazed. His skills were on a different level, and he seemed to be toying with them.

As the fight continued, Akira and Mikage began to tire. Kaito's relentless defense had taken its toll, and they struggled to land a single hit.

Kaito paused the fight, his eyes gleaming with intensity. "Your weaknesses are obvious," he said, his voice firm but not unkind. "Mikage, your fire magic is fierce, but it's also predictable. You rely too heavily on brute force."

Mikage's face fell, but Kaito continued, "And Akira, you're trying too hard to control your abilities. You're forcing the flow of magic, instead of letting it flow naturally."

Kaito's words struck a chord in Akira. He realized that he had been trying too hard to harness his powers, instead of trusting in his instincts.

"Magic isn't about forcing your will onto the world," Kaito explained. "It's about harmony, balance. Let the magic flow through you, don't try to control it."

Akira took a deep breath, letting Kaito's words sink in. And then, in a flash of inspiration, he raised his hand, and a shimmering illusion appeared before Mikage.

Mikage took advantage of the distraction to land a swift scratch on Kaito's arm. It was a small victory, but a crucial one.

Kaito smiled, his eyes gleaming with approval. "Well done, Akira. You're starting to understand your abilities."

Akira's eyes widened in surprise. He had no idea what he had just done, but he knew it felt right. Mikage looked at him with newfound respect, and together they continued the fight, determined to learn more about their mysterious powers.

Kaito smiled, a fierce glint in his eye. "This time, I'll use five percent of my powers. Let's see how you fare."

Akira steeled himself, still trying to understand his newfound abilities. Kaito's eyes locked onto him, his gaze piercing.

"Sorry excuse of an illusion won't work next time," Kaito said, his voice dripping with disdain. "Try to better it, Akira."

Akira's face set in determination. He raised his hand, and a shimmering illusion appeared before Kaito. But this time, he poured more of himself into the magic.

The illusion seemed to pulse with a life of its own, as if it had become a part of the fabric of reality. Kaito's eyes narrowed, his smile growing wider.

Mikage took advantage of the distraction to land a solid kick on Kaito's stomach. But Kaito merely chuckled, his eyes flashing with excitement.

The battle raged on, the three combatants exchanging blows and testing each other's limits. Akira's illusions grew stronger, more realistic, as if he was tapping into a deep well of power within himself.

Kaito's powers, meanwhile, seemed boundless. He countered every attack with ease, his movements a blur.

Mikage's flames danced across the battlefield, seeking to engulf Kaito. But Kaito was a force of nature, his powers unleashed in a maelstrom of fury.

The outcome was far from certain, as the three fighters clashed in a spectacular display of magic and might.