Part 4

Seeing Xie Wendong lying on the ground and not getting up for a long time, San Yan chuckled and said, "Bro, did I win?" He then turned around and put on his clothes that his underlings had handed to him.

"I don't think so," came a voice. Xie Wendong had somehow managed to stand up, his face devoid of pain, with his bloodshot eyes glinting with cold light.

"You..." San Yan realized that the force of the kicks earlier was something a fifteen or sixteen-year-old should not have been able to withstand.

"Heh, seems I underestimated you!" San Yan strode towards Xie Wendong and raised his leg to kick him in the face. Xie Wendong did not fall, even after another kick to his stomach made him stagger back three steps. Blood trickled from his nose and mouth, and his face began to swell. Spitting out a mouthful of blood, Xie Wendong smiled faintly.

San Yan was starting to feel a bit fearful, despite being the one delivering the blows. "Fall down already!" he yelled, pouring all his strength into a punch aimed at Xie Wendong. Xie Wendong's trembling body suddenly crouched, causing San Yan's punch to miss. Xie Wendong, nimble despite his earlier state, swiftly drew a concealed blade and stabbed it into San Yan's ribcage. The blade sank into the muscle and stopped. Xie Wendong pulled the knife back and pointed it at San Yan, saying, "You should have been dead already."

San Yan touched the wound on his ribcage, leaning against the wall with his head lowered. Xie Wendong stood quietly, waiting for his response. Li Shuang, excited, whispered to Gao Qiang beside him, "Hehe, East Brother won!" Gao Qiang nodded, placing his hand on his knife handle and slowly moving toward the center of the room. Though San Yan had lost, he was still a threat, and Gao Qiang was wary of a potential sneak attack.

After a while, San Yan looked up at Xie Wendong and said, "I'm not entirely convinced. But a man's word is his bond, and I lost! From now on, you are my boss. Just give me a word, and I will give my life for you." He then bowed respectfully.

Xie Wendong chuckled, but his vision darkened, and he fainted. San Yan acted swiftly, wrapping Xie Wendong up and shouting, "Everyone, get the hell out and stop the car!" Before he finished speaking, Li Shuang had already dashed out to find a vehicle.

San Yan and his group took Xie Wendong to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with multiple cartilage injuries, minor internal bleeding, and a slight concussion. He needed to be hospitalized. Li Shuang called Xie Wendong's family to inform them of the accident and that he was in the hospital. After hearing this, Xie Wendong's parents quickly rushed to the hospital. Upon meeting, Li Shuang and others reassured and explained to them, calming them down. To increase credibility, Li Shuang grabbed San Yan, whose rib injury had just been bandaged, and said, "Uncle and Aunt, he was the one who hit East Brother with his car!" Gao Qiang and several other brothers nodded vigorously in agreement. San Yan's face flushed red with embarrassment as he awkwardly scratched his head and forced a silly smile.

Two weeks later, with Xie Wendong mostly recovered, the doctor said he just needed some more rest. On this day, only his parents came to pick him up from the hospital. San Yan and his group had already been warned not to come. Xie Wendong also did not want his parents to see these people.

Back home, his parents prepared a grand meal to celebrate his discharge. Looking at the feast, Xie Wendong felt a pang of guilt, wondering what his parents would think if they knew he had been hospitalized for fighting. He felt sorry for his parents but found it impossible to give up his current lifestyle. During these passionate and indulgent days, he discovered what real happiness meant. Nothing in the world was more satisfying than being respected by others—at least, that's what he thought.

He didn't know if his current path was right, but one thing was clear: he enjoyed his life as it was, and perhaps he was just born to be this way. Xie Wendong temporarily pushed aside his worries and happily ate the meal with his parents.