Part 7

"Who do you think you are to speak to me like that?" The teacher, feeling his dignity challenged, yelled in anger, waving his hand in the air.

Xie Wendong stared unblinkingly at this middle-aged man who was flailing about in front of him, feeling a surge of irritation. Pointing at him, Xie Wendong said, "You are nothing in front of me! It's best not to provoke me, or you'll know the bitterness of regret." After saying this, he adjusted his pants and sat back down.

"You..." The teacher wanted to say something more, but upon seeing Xie Wendong's beast-like eyes, he swallowed his words. He didn't want to admit he was intimidated by a new student, but his trembling legs betrayed him.

Silently noting Xie Wendong's name, he let out a cold laugh and continued calling the roll. Li Shuang turned to Xie Wendong and asked, "Brother Dong, are we just going to let this slide?"

Xie Wendong squinted his eyes, "There will be opportunities in the future!" Then he lay down on his desk to sleep.

Recently, for some unknown reason, Xie Wendong found himself particularly fond of sleeping. He used to wake up at four-thirty, but now he still didn't want to get up even at six. If someone interrupted his sleep, he would become extremely irritable.

After calling the roll, the teacher selected the class officers. Of course, although Xie Wendong had the best grades, his impression on the teacher was too 'deep,' so he didn't get chosen for anything. Little did the teacher know, Xie Wendong was very satisfied with this outcome. The class officers 'happily' went to fetch the new books. After the books were distributed, the teacher said, "Class is dismissed now. Remember to be at school by seven tomorrow. Class starts at eight. No one better be late." With that, he walked towards the classroom door, thinking about how to deal with Xie Wendong, who had made him lose face earlier.

Xie Wendong and Li Shuang walked out of the classroom, followed by their brothers in the same class. They saw a few people standing in the hallway, all wearing the No. 1 High School uniforms. One student, with a face swollen like a pig's head, pointed at Xie Wendong and Li Shuang and said to the person beside him, "Brother Hu, it's them. Ouch~" The effort of pointing caused him pain.

Xie Wendong took a closer look and realized it was 'Little Eyes,' who had been beaten by Li Shuang in the morning. He couldn't help but admire him; despite the beating, he could still walk, showing his 'tenacious' vitality. Li Shuang also recognized him and sneered, "What, you still not convinced?"

The student called Brother Hu, whom Little Eyes had addressed, walked over and sized up Li Shuang, saying, "Brother, you're new here. You disrespected the seniors and beat someone like this. I can't just let that slide." Brother Hu was over 1.8 meters tall, broad and muscular, with three frown lines on his forehead, making him look a bit like a tiger.

"So, what do you want to do?" Li Shuang didn't dare underestimate Brother Hu. He wasn't confident about winning a one-on-one fight with him.

Brother Hu nodded, "Let's settle this in the small grove behind the sports field later." With that, he turned and left. Little Eyes limped behind him, turning back to say to Li Shuang, "You better be ready to be carried out. Whoever doesn't show up is a wimp!"

"D*mn it, getting all worked up after finding a few people! Just wait."

At this moment, Gao Qiang arrived and asked Xie Wendong, "Brother Dong, what's going on?"

Before Xie Wendong could respond, Li Shuang answered, "Those two punks we beat up this morning found some people and want us to settle it in the grove behind the sports field."

Upon hearing this, Gao Qiang chuckled and rubbed his hands, "Brother Dong, it's been a while since we had a good fight. Today's a good day to 'stretch our muscles.'"