Part 9

When talking about having fun, Liu Ting became very excited. She was as animated as Li Shuang had been when he entered, gesturing wildly as she spoke, "At home, I watch TV, listen to music. Outside, I go rollerblading, swimming, clubbing, watching movies, karaoke, all sorts of things..."

Xie Wendong looked at her and smiled, "So basically, you just don't like studying, right?"

Liu Ting blushed, playfully pinching Xie Wendong's arm, "You're so annoying!" Seeing her cute and spirited manner, Xie Wendong couldn't help but laugh. 'What an adorable girl,' he thought. But then he quickly stopped laughing when he saw Li Shuang's fiery gaze fixed on him, filled with 'resentment.' Xie Wendong patted Li Shuang's shoulder seriously and said, "Brother, you really have suffered. But you must endure and be a patriot for a year!"

From the classroom came the sound of Li Shuang gritting his teeth, "Brother Dong! This is not funny at all, I... I feel wronged..." along with Liu Ting's giggles.

In the afternoon, Zhang Yanjing came to find Xie Wendong, cautiously saying, "Boss Gao was very angry when she found out about yesterday's incident. But she won't take action against you immediately; she'll observe you for a while. Brother Dong, you need to be careful."

Xie Wendong nodded and asked, "How's Brother Hu, the one I beat up yesterday? How many people were injured?"

Zhang Yanjing glanced back at the hallway and then whispered, "I heard Brother Hu's injuries are serious; he won't recover anytime soon. That's why Boss Gao is so angry. She thinks you went too far and were too ruthless. There are over ten others who were injured."

Xie Wendong smiled, "Since they are enemies, I won't show mercy when fighting. How did you get this information?"

Zhang Yanjing said, "Even though I'm following you now, I still have friends working under Boss Gao. One of them told me."

Xie Wendong nodded understandingly and asked softly, "Can this person be trusted? Is the information reliable?"

Zhang Yanjing nodded, "Don't worry about that, Brother Dong. We've been friends since childhood. He listens to everything I say. When I told him I was following you, he wanted to come with me, but I didn't let him. I thought it would be more helpful to have him stay with Boss Gao for now."

Xie Wendong patted his shoulder, "You did the right thing. With your friend there, we can always stay informed about Boss Gao's movements." After a pause, Xie Wendong suddenly asked, "What does your Boss Gao look like?"

Zhang Yanjing was taken aback, then said, "She's a very beautiful girl, with long hair, big eyes, about 1.7 meters tall, and very slim..." Xie Wendong interrupted him, asking, "Does she often wear jeans and ride a motorcycle?"

Zhang Yanjing looked at Xie Wendong in surprise, "Brother Dong, how did you know? Have you two met?"

Xie Wendong sighed, thinking: what you fear most often comes true. He hadn't expected that girl to really be Boss Gao. But her appearance was so pure; she didn't seem like someone who would be another's mistress. Feeling inexplicably frustrated, Xie Wendong lightly tapped his fingers on the table.

Seeing Xie Wendong's displeasure, Zhang Yanjing tactfully left, speculating that Brother Dong and Boss Gao might have an unusual relationship.

Three days later, during lunch break, Xie Wendong was alone in a small restaurant near the school, having a bowl of noodles. He hadn't seen the girl in the past few days, and his mind was full of questions. He had barely started eating when a student rushed in. After scanning the room, he quickly walked over to Xie Wendong and said loudly, "Brother Dong, something bad has happened. Brother Shuang and Brother Qiang, along with some others, were beaten up by a group!"