32~ Nice arm candy

Owen

"Have you finished tying your tie?" My mom yells.

I grunt and throw open the bathroom door, "I can't get it."

Sadie snorts as I walk in, "Men."

I stick my tongue out at her as my mom ties it, "I have to get a picture of you before you leave."

I roll my eyes as she takes out her phone, "Sadie get over here and take a picture with your brother," My mom says.

"Yeah, because he doesn't have a date," Sadie mumbles as she stands beside me.

I poke her side and she breaks out into a fit of giggles. "Alright, I have to go or I will be late," I say after my mom takes ten more pictures.

She nods and gives me a quick hug, "Have fun."

"I will," I say as I hug her back.

I grab my keys and head out the door "Remember pot is a gateway drug," Sadie yells as the door shuts.

I roll my eyes as I walk to my car.

~~~~

When I arrive at the venue I can already see lights shining out the windows. I sigh, here goes nothing.

Honestly, I didn't want to come tonight, but my friends made me.

As I get out of my car I see Waylon jogging over to me. "Hey gorgeous," He teases.

I laugh, "Hey baby."

Behind him, Lena gags and Caleb laughs. "Nice suit."

I nod towards him, "Nice arm candy."

Lena grins and Calbe glares at me. "Get your own."

I laugh and Waylon swings his arm around me, "He's already got arm candy."

As we make our way towards the building I sigh, "Sorry Way, the long hair is just not doing it for me."

Lena snickers in front of us and Waylon fluffs his locks, "Please, chicks did this."

We pass a group of girls. "Ladies, do you like my hair?" Waylon asks.

None of them respond, but they all wear the same look of disgust.

I pat his shoulder, "Sorry man."

He shrugs, "Nah it's fine, those girls just have a giant stick shoved up their ass."

Caleb lets out a cackel and Lene shakes her head in disapproval.

~~~~

After a few minutes, I lose my group. Caleb and Lena move to the dance floor and Waylon is on the hunt for a girl without a date.

I am leaning against the wall watching Lainey stand beside Jamie as he talks to his friends.

Every so often Lainey will force a smile or laugh just to seem like she is listening to the conversation.

It also doesn't take me long to realize Jamie has a thing for a girl in his friend group and Lainey is only there to make her jealous.

Whether Lainey knows it or not is beyond me.

A blond girl taps my arm, "Would you like to dance?"

I debate saying yes or no. Part of me wants to, but a bigger part of me doesn't. It's not because she isn't attractive, it's because she isn't Lainey.

"I'm not really into dancing, but that guy with the long hair is," I say pointing at Waylon.

The girl nods and walks in his direction.