An unexpected reunion

Ellie returned to her apartment, but with Brandon's phone number on a sheet of paper.

She heard the dinging of an elevator, and then, a knock on the door.

The one who opened the door was none other than her grandfather, Irwin Goldman.

Ellie sat her grandfather down on the couch, and she sat next to him.

"Ellie?!" Irwin said, ecstatic that he had reunited with his granddaughter.

He and Ellie hugged, and she told her grandfather about Brandon.

"I would like to meet him." Irwin said as Ellie called him.

Brandon came as soon as he could, and after he and Irwin met, he told his granddaughter's friend about what he had been up to in the years since Ellie went to college.

Ellie noticed that her grandfather wants to talk to her personally.

"Ellie, ever since your grandmother died, there is something I wanted to give you." Irwin said, albeit in a melancholic tone.

He held out his hands, and it was a locket with a picture of him, Dory Goldman, and Ellie, who was only 5 at the time.

Ellie hugged her grandfather out of gratitude for the gift, and after placing it around her neck, she hugged Brandon.

She then went into her bedroom, where she heard someone knock on the door.

It's Louis, who had come to talk with Ellie personally.

He then entered her bedroom, and sat down next to Ellie.

"Ellie, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Louis asked.

She nodded yes.

Louis Creed then turned over to Ellie.

"I know that when I dug up your brother's grave and took him to the MicMac grounds, I thought that I was doing the work of a good father, but when Jud was killed, I felt like I was wrong, as I could tell of his possession. When I buried your mother in the same place, I felt like I was doing a husband's work. I was wrong again. Ellie. I knew you loved your brother, as well as your mother, in addition to Church.  What thanks did you give for trying to help you. Having your grandfather testify against me, which got me put in the big house for 20 years. 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Louis said, his tone having been somber before turning to wrath, indicating that Louis had remorse for not listening to Pascow.

Louis pulled out his walkie-talkie.

"You have clearance to proceed." he remarked.

With that, a parade float-looking vehicle came onto the left side of the road.

Out came the Red Triangle Circus Gang, raiding the apartment Ellie was living in.

 The Tattooed Strongman easily lifted Irwin in the air, then broke his neck, killing him.

The Organ Grinder, The Poodle Lady, and The Thin Clown approached Brandon.

"We want her. The one who got the boss arrested." The Organ Grinder barked.

Brandon, armed with a baseball bat, assumes a defensive position.

"If you want to get to Ellie, you need to get through me." he said, in defense of Ellie.

The Poodle Lady's poodle growled as The Thin Clown pointed a Calico M950 pistol at Brandon. At the same time, The Terrifying Clown pulled out his Heckler & Koch MP5K submachine gun while The Fat Clown pulled out a Micro Uzi submachine gun, and in addition to that, The Sword Swallower pointed a M1892 sword bayonet at him.

"Oooooooooooooh." they said.

Then, The Tattooed Strongman broke Ellie's back, and the gang left.

Brandon entered the bedroom, and helped Ellie up.

He then took it upon himself to help Ellie regain mobility, which took around 4 weeks, and he even accompanied her to work.

There, he explained everything to her boss, who felt sorry for Ellie due to her back injury.

After Ellie's recovery, she had a weird feeling that something was off.

"If my father had my grandpa killed, why did he have my back broken?" she asked.

"I don't know. We'll ask him." Brandon replied.

The two then left, a resolve now having gotten to them.