Chapter Two: The Deal

A month had passed since their first tutoring session, and Kwon found himself growing more intrigued by Jiyeon's serious demeanor

A month had passed since their first tutoring session, and Kwon found himself growing more intrigued by Jiyeon's serious demeanor. As they sat across from each other in the quiet library, he suddenly blurted out, "You know..."

Jiyeon looked up from her books, her eyebrows slightly raised at his abrupt comment. "What?"

Kwon smirked, leaning back casually in his chair. "I was just thinking... you'd look pretty badass in a karate gi."

Jiyeon's eyes widened slightly, not expecting that from him. "Excuse me?"

Kwon chuckled, clearly enjoying her surprise. "I mean it. With your serious attitude and all, I could totally see you nailing karate."

He gave her a sly smile. "And it wouldn't hurt to see you in a gi. It might even help you loosen up a bit."

Jiyeon's cheeks flushed slightly at his comment, but she quickly composed herself. "Kwon, I'm here to tutor you, not to join some karate class."

She tried to maintain her serious tone, though a hint of curiosity slipped into her voice. "What makes you think I'd even be interested in karate?"

Kwon shrugged, feigning nonchalance. "I don't know. You just seem like you'd be a natural at it. You're disciplined, focused, and you look like you could definitely kick some ass."

He leaned closer, a teasing gleam in his eyes. "Plus, it'd be fun to watch you break some boards with those strong, slender arms of yours."

Jiyeon's cheeks flushed again, and she shifted in her seat, feeling a mix of annoyance and amusement at his relentless flirting.

"Kwon, seriously, focus. We're here to study, not to discuss my hypothetical karate skills."

She crossed her arms, trying to maintain a stern expression. "And I assure you, I have no intention of learning karate, let alone breaking boards like some action movie star."

Kwon chuckled at her defensiveness, clearly enjoying the effect he had on her. "Oh, come on, don't be so uptight. It's just a suggestion. Think about it—karate could be your chance to let loose for once. You could finally channel all that pent-up frustration and energy into something more... entertaining."

He smirked, leaning back in his chair. "And you'd look pretty damn good in a gi. You can't deny that."

Jiyeon blushed again, annoyed by how easily he flustered her. She knew he was just trying to get a reaction, but his compliments still made her heart flutter.

"Kwon, stop trying to distract me," she said, attempting to sound more serious than she felt.

She leaned forward and pushed a book towards him. "Let's get back to work. We have more equations to solve, remember?"

Kwon sighed dramatically, but he knew when to (mostly) behave. He leaned over the equations on the paper, feigning interest.

"Fine, fine. Back to the boring stuff."

As they continued working through the equations, Kwon suddenly looked up at Jiyeon with a determined expression

"Alright, I've got a deal for you, Tutor Girl."

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to elaborate.

Kwon smirked, sensing an opportunity. "How about this: if I manage to get a C or higher on my next math test, you have to come to one karate lesson with me. Just one."

Jiyeon's expression shifted to one of disbelief. "You can't be serious."

She took a deep breath, trying to maintain her composure. "Kwon, I don't know the first thing about karate. And just because you do well on one math test doesn't mean I owe you a lesson. Besides, I don't have time for something like that."

Kwon leaned back in his chair, his smirk still present. "Oh, come on, Tutor Girl. It's just one lesson. What harm could it possibly do? And trust me, if I get a C or higher, that'll be a pretty big accomplishment for me. Don't you think I at least deserve some kind of reward for that?"

Jiyeon rolled her eyes, feeling a mix of irritation and skepticism. "A reward? You want a reward for passing a test you should be able to pass anyway?"

She crossed her arms, considering his proposal for a moment. "And what if you don't get a C or higher? What then?"

Kwon's smirk widened, sensing she was starting to consider his offer. "If I don't get a C or higher," he said, pretending to think it over, "then... I'll owe you a favor of your choice. Within reason, of course."

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the idea. She crossed her arms, a slight smile tugging at her lips. "A favor of my choice, within reason," she repeated, weighing the possibilities. "I could have you do all sorts of things if you lose this bet."

After a moment's thought, she nodded. "Fine. If you manage to get a C or higher on your test, I'll come to one karate lesson with you. But if you don't..."

Kwon grinned, his confidence bolstered by her agreement. "Don't worry, Tutor Girl. I've got this. I'll study extra hard and make you a proud tutor."

He leaned back in his chair, wearing a cocky expression. "But you'd better keep your end of the deal. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a gi."

Jiyeon rolled her eyes again, trying to suppress a small smile. "We'll see about that. For now, let's get back to these equations. You still need to learn how to solve these problems, even if you have a 'motivating' deal."

Kwon chuckled, amused by her determination to keep the study session on track. "Fine, fine. Give me those equations. Let's see if I can charm these numbers into making sense."

Jiyeon handed him the equations book, watching as he started working on them. Despite his earlier distractions, he seemed more focused now, determined not only to win the bet but also to show her that he could be serious when he wanted to be.