Chapter One: Together

A few weeks later

Jiyeon parried Kwon's strike, a smirk lighting her face as her eyes sparkled with mischief

Jiyeon parried Kwon's strike, a smirk lighting her face as her eyes sparkled with mischief. "Not going easy on me, are you?" she teased, her steps light and precise as she moved with fluid grace.

Kwon's grin widened, his gaze locking onto hers with playful intensity. "When have I ever gone easy on you?" he shot back, launching a flurry of quick jabs, each one sharp and controlled.

She danced out of his reach, dodging his attacks with practiced ease. "I seem to recall a few times," she quipped, striking back with a swift, measured blow.

Kwon countered effortlessly, amusement flickering in his expression. "You have a selective memory," he teased, using her momentum to twist her arm behind her back, smoothly pinning her to the mat.

Jiyeon gasped as Kwon leaned in, his body pressing her firmly against the floor, their faces inches apart. Her heart hammered in her chest, but she refused to let the grin fade from her lips. "You play dirty," she accused, her voice breathless but laced with challenge.

Kwon chuckled, his lips brushing close to her ear. "Sometimes playing dirty is more effective," he murmured, his voice a low, velvety hum. He eased back slightly, his gaze tracing her features—her flushed cheeks, the gleam in her eyes.

She inhaled sharply, trying to suppress the way her body reacted to his closeness. Her eyes danced with a mix of playfulness and something deeper. "You're enjoying this a little too much," she said, lifting an eyebrow, her tone teasing.

Kwon's grip loosened just enough that she could escape if she chose, but he didn't move away. "And you're not?" he countered, his voice dropping into a seductive whisper. His fingers trailed lightly along her collarbone, eliciting a barely noticeable shiver.

Jiyeon's breath caught for a moment, but she quickly masked it, swallowing hard. "That's just adrenaline from the fight," she replied, her voice betraying a slight tremor. "Nothing more."

Kwon's grin broadened, clearly unconvinced. "Adrenaline, huh?" he echoed, his hand sliding to her hip, his fingers gently pressing against her skin, warm and teasing.