Don't Open Your Eyes - 23

Lelouch's eyes widened, opening his mouth slightly in shock. He had no idea how to answer that... and he didn't want to lie to you. 

"Damn" Zero let his thoughts slip out in a small mumble.

You gasped "That's it isn't it?" 

Zero cleared his throat, you had to imagine the look on his face was priceless. "Knowing someone is subjective." He said calmly- but you could hear much more emotion when he didn't have his voice filter on. There was a hint of panic. You decided not to push it further, figuring out his identity was an interest of yours... but you couldn't force it.

"You like speaking in code or deflecting when you're worried someone can read you." You said.

"Maybe, or maybe its because I hired you for the intelligence division and figuring out secrets is kind of your job." Zero said, sass filling his tone but lighthearted in nature. You let out a small scoff.

"You just proved my point" You said through a laugh, you could feel Zero's eyes roll causing you to smile more.

"Did I?" Zero said, again proving you right with his deflection.

You pushed your face into his hands more, causing Zero to shift back, till eventually he was laying down completely and your body laid perfectly on top of his- with your nose touching his. He kept his hands strategically against your eyes. "Your arms must be getting tired" you said after a few moments of silence. 

"No, not really" Zero said softly, his voice a hushed whisper, the breath of his words hitting your skin. "Well, I'm tired of something." He added after a brief pause. 

"And what is that?" You asked. 

"Hiding from you, restraining myself around you... Pretending I-." his voice trailed off, regret filling his honest whispers. Lelouch wasn't used to telling the truth. You felt your heart skip a beat. "You don't have to anymore." You said moving your hands and cupping his face with each hand on either side. You rubbed your thumbs gently against his skin, feeling how soft it was. 

"I- you don't make it easy." Zero said, again in a whisper. The pressure of his gloved hands against your eyes tightened in response to your touch. You grinned, the faster your heart began to race, the more infatuated you became with the way you could make him feel. 

"That's your favorite part, isn't it..." you said, implying lewdly that Zero spoke words in a tone that contradicted how he actually felt... even if his words were true.

"That's not- I-" Zero attempted to form a sentence, but paused to collect himself. 

Lelouch was distracted by the heat of your body, the weight pressing against every inch of his own. He was flustered, and yet again his hands were pre-occupied... He could never act on his impulses no matter what the situation was. 

In attempt to take control of the situation, and his own lustful feelings, he adjusted his position on the bean bag, slowly sitting up. "Wha-" you began to say, but Zero cut you off. "Shhh.. just..." he began to say. "Don't open your eyes... please..." he said softly, pleadingly.