The Plan - 24

(Author's Note: Thank you for the support! I do apologize, this chapter introduces a whole new turning point to the plot and has lots of dialogue, but I do hope you like the premise!)

You blushed and shook your head, your eyes still squeezed shut. "You should be thanking me" you teased back.

A hand slowly cupped your cheek, "my mask is back on, you can open your eyes." Zero's voice rang out, with that all so familiar voice filter. 

You opened your eyes slowly as Zero moved your head that was placed on your cheek to look at him directly. "Thank you...." He paused, as if trying to swallow his next words. "Not just for hiding my face but for not prying." 

You giggled, slowly getting off of him and standing on the ground near the bean bag. "You're not quite safe from my curiosity yet" You said smiling, as you watched Zero stand up and readjust his cape. 

He let out a small scoff, as he shook his head. "Only time will tell" Zero said, as he began to walk past you towards the front of the safe room where all of the others were waiting. You could hear their slight mumbles as you followed shortly behind Zero. 

He stopped suddenly, causing you to nearly bump into the back of him, you were still quite a distance from the others. "One thing, y/n-" he said.

You raised an eyebrow walking to the side of him so you could hear his voice better, he was still facing forwards. "Yes?" you replied. "Please walk at my side." He said.

You blushed, of course you had usually walked at his side when relaying information, but it was only when work strictly permitted such a casual action. It was common courtesy within the black knights to give Zero his space whenever you weren't discussing business. "Oh- okay I-" you stuttered, not knowing how to reply to that.

"Don't think too much about it." He said, as he began walking again. Your face flushed more as you continued walking at his side towards the other black knights. You knew they had been staring that whole time. Even though they probably couldn't hear the conversation, it was still a little embarrassing after what had just happened in the past 5 minutes.

"Zero, we have some critical updates regarding the leaked files." Ohgi's voice was grim, and sounded tired. Probably because he had to deal with Tamaki on top of everything else. 

"I'd assume this is concerning L/n, given your orders to not enter this room?" Zero said. The formality in his voice sent a shiver down your spine, it was like he was a different person... It made you feel like you were beginning to know the man behind the mask, even without seeing his face. 

Tamaki cleared his throat and interjected himself into the conversation. "This is more than that, they're about to release documents showing Y/n's schooling records, and absences-"

Ohgi cut Tamaki off "And while they haven't yet, they plan on interviewing people at Ashford Academy to solidify their evidence." 

You felt a pit grow in your stomach. "I- I..." you muttered. Zero shook his head. "And this information, you've collected it from our spies correct? Meaning it has yet to go public, and the interviews at Ashford haven't begun?" His voice was collected, even with the drastic information.