The Plan

A year in prison had turned me into a fucking legend. At 23, I was known as the unbreakable bitch who took no shit from anyone. My cell was my sanctuary and my battleground, where everyday was a test of survival.
I was catching a nap in my bunk, trying to drown out the endless noises of other inmates and the metallic clang of doors. I was just starting to drift off when a hand shook me awake. I squinted at the guard, feeling my irritation rise. "What the now?" I snapped
He didn't answer, just shoved a folded note into my hand. "You've got a message," he said gruffly, then walked away without another word.
I stared at the note, my curiosity piqued. With a mix of trepidation and hope, I unfolded it. The handwriting was neat and precise, and as I read the words, my heart pounded harder with every line.

Hyejin,

It's Namjoon. I know you're probably shocked to hear from me, but I've been working on something for a while now. I know I messed up big time, trying to kill Jungkook and screwing up everything. But I need to make things right.
I've been planning your escape from the beginning. The plan is in motion, and if it goes as planned, we'll get you out of this place. I'm going to try to make my way back to the group, but I need Hoseok's forgiveness to truly reintegrate. I've been working on that, but it's not a sure thing.
If you're reading this, keep your head down and stay strong. The plan is solid, and I'll be there to get you out. We'll have a chance to fix what's been broken.

Just hang in there. You've got this.

-Namjoon

Namjoon. Of all people I had never expected him to come through, especially after everything he's done. But if he was serious about this escape plan, I had to seize the opportunity. I crumpled the note in my fist, feeling aa surge of adrenaline. I had to stay sharp and keep my cool.
The next few days were a whirlwind of tension. I played my role perfectly, keeping my head down, avoiding any trouble, and meticulously following every detail of the plan in my mind. I knew the slightest misstep could ruin everything.
Finally, the day arrived. I was in my cell pretending to nap, when I heard footsteps approaching. The sound of the guard's key clinking against his belt was unmistakable. He unlocked my cell and stepped in, his face as impassive as ever.
"It's time," he said flatly.
I nodded, feeling my pulse quicken. I followed him through the prison's labyrinthine corridors, my mind racing. We reached the maintenance room, where Namjoon was waiting. His face was a mask of determination, but I could see the tension in his eyes.
"Namjoon," I said softly. "You actually pulled it off."
"Had to," he replied, his voice steady. "You're getting out of here. Let's move."
We navigated through hidden passages, each step bringing us closer to freedom. The anticipation was nearly unbearable. We reached the outer fence, where a small hole had been cut-just enough for me to squeeze through.
"Go," Namjoon urged. "I'll cover you."
I took a deep breath and squeezed through the hole, the cool night air hitting me like a splash of icy water. I quickly climbed over the fence and dropped to the ground on the other side. Freedom felt almost surreal, but I had no time to dwell on it.
Namjoon joined me moments later, and we raced to a sleek black car parked nearby. As we sped away from the prison, I looked back one last time, a mix of relief and apprehension washing over me.
"So what's the plan now?" I asked, breaking the tense silence.
Namjoon glanced at me, his expression serious. "We get back to the group. I need to fix things with Hoseok. It won't be easy-he's got every right to be pissed at me. But if we're going to salvage this, it's the only way."
I nodded, feeling a determined edge settle over me. "And what if he doesn't forgive you?"
"Then I'll deal with that when it happens," Namjoon said grimly. "But we have to try. We need to get you sorted first."
W arrived at a safe house, one that Namjoon had set up. It was well-equipped and secure, far from the prying eyes of the law. I took a moment to catch my breath and gather my thoughts.
"Alright," I said, my voice firm. "What's the next step?"
Namjoon looked at me, his face lined with exhausted and resolve. "We need to contact the group and arrange a meeting. I've got a middleman who can help us get in touch with them. We'll meet at a secure location-a warehouse that used to be our base."
The anticipation was almost unbearable. I had been waiting for this moment for so long, and now it was finally here. The next few days were filled with a mix of anxiety and hope as we prepared for the reunion.
Finally, the day arrived. We met with the middleman who helped us set up the meeting with the group. The warehouse was familiar sight, a place that held both good and bad memories. I could feel my heart pounding as we approached.
As we entered the warehouse, I saw the familiar faces of my brother and the others. The tension in the room was palpable. Everyone's eyes were on me, a mix of surprise, anger, and cautious hop.
"Hyejin!", Hoseok's voice was choked with emotion. "You're back."
I barely had time to react before Hoseok was crushing me in a hug. "Yeah, I'm back. It's been too fucking long."
Seokjin was next, his eyes misty. "We missed you so much."
Yoongi's face softened for the first time in ages. "Glad you're back, Hyejin."
Taehyung walked up, his usual playful smirk in place. "You really know how to make an entrance, don't you?"
"Wouldn't have it any other way," I shot back, smirking.
And then there was Jungkook. The look in his eyes was enough to make my heart skip a beat. He pulled me into his arms, his embrace warm and fierce. "I missed you. So fucking much."
"I missed you too, kook," I whispered, feeling a tear slip down my cheek.
The reunion was a mix of relief and joy, everyone talking at once, sharing stories, and catching up. But there was still one more thing to address.
Namjoon stepped forward, clearing his throat. "I know this is a happy moment, but we need to talk. I'm here to make things right. I need Hoseok's forgiveness."
Hoseok's expression hardened. "Namjoon, you tried to kill Jungkook. That's not something I can just forgive."
"I know," Namjoon said quietly. "But I've been planning this escape for a year. I need a chance to make amends. Please, Hoseok."
There was a long, tense silence. Finally, Hoseok sighed. "Fine. You've got one chance. But if you fuck up again, you're out for good."
Namjoon nodded, relief washing over his face. "Thank you. I won't let you down."
The tension eased, and we all settled into the warehouse, catching up on everything that had happened over the past year. Jungkook and I found a quiet corner to ourselves, stealing moments to just be together.
"I can't believe you're here," Jungkook murmured, his arms around me.
"Believe it," I said, smiling up at him. "I'm not going anywhere."
We shared a tender kiss, the world fading away as we held each other close. It felt like we were finally getting a second chance, and I was determined to make the most of it.
Later, I made my way over to Jimin, who had been watching me with complex mix of emotions. "Hey," I said softly.
"Hey," he replied, his voice guarded.
"Jimin, I'm sorry about everything. I know we had our issues, but I never wanted things to get this fucked up."
He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, well, shit happens. I'm just glad you're back safe."
I nodded, feeling the weight of unspoken words between us. "We were a mess, but I still care about you. You know that, right?"
"I know," he said, his expression softening. "We just weren't meant to be, I guess. But that doesn't mean I don't give a damn about you."
We shared a brief, meaningful hug, a silent agreement to move forward without the past dragging us down.
As I walked back, Taehyung caught my eye. "Hyejin, you've got a lot of catching up to do," he said with a grin.
"Bring it on," I replied, smirking. "I'm ready for anything."
The reunion with the group was everything I had hoped for and more. We were back together, stronger than ever. And with Namjoon back in the fold, we had a chance to rebuild what had been broken.