Chapter 1// Chrissy

The rain is pouring down and makes it hard for me to see anything. I'm using my sense of place. And even though my socks are wet and my hair, which I spent time styling this morning, is ruined, I'll still try to keep my spirits high.

Today has to be a good day even if it started out with a bit of rain and a sure sick day tomorrow.

The wind pulls and rips at my umbrella, which isn't helping me much right now. Countless times I've been close to falling on my butt in the wet mud, but that isn't gonna stop me.

I stop at the end of the sidewalk and wait for the passing car to drive by before quickly running over. Which apparently wasn't fast enough according to a different car that honked at me several times. I don't really understand why it was necessary to keep honking at me.

I heard you the first time. Jeez.

But I don't think about it for long.

I'm finally standing in front of the transparent door to a little cozy diner named Skyline Diner. I always thought the name was a bit ironic since we live in a small village. I mean, maybe not small, but I wouldn't call it big either.

I push the door open with force, since the wind is being difficult, and I quickly run inside to get warm.

,,Chrissy!" I hear a masculine voice yell from the other side of the diner. It catches my attention and distracts me from the fight I'm having with my umbrella to get it into the umbrella holder. When I look up to say hi the umbrella falls down to the floor.

God damn it!

,,Goodmorning Bruno" I yelled back and bent down to pick up my umbrella and tried to get it into the umbrella holder again.

This time I succeeded.

Then I walk over to Bruno, who seems to be in a great mood today. Exactly what I expected.

,,You seem to be in a great mood today" I say to him. It's obvious to everyone, but I choose to still comment on it. Not just for my sake but also for his.

Bruno has always been a talkative guy, and he has helped me to get out of my shell and become more talkative myself.

,,Of course I'm in a good mood" He says. ,,You know what day it is today?"

I know that he'll tell me himself, so instead of saying anything, I just smile.

,,Today is August the seventh. We need to celebrate" He lashes out with his arms and chuckles to himself. For exactly five years ago, Bruno bought the diner to achieve his dreams of having a successful cook. Some people would say that to become a successful cook, you can't work in a diner in a small town. But the way I see it, he is successful.

He has customers coming from far away to taste his food. Because of that, he has made enough money to open another diner in Ninjago City.

That's pretty good in my eyes.

What's really amazing about Bruno is that no matter how well the other diners are doing, he still chooses to stay at the diner that started it all.

,,Well, this baby started it all. I could never leave her" He had said one time.

Even though I thought it was a weird way to fraise it, you gotta admire his passion for this place. It's clear that he loves this place. I do too.

Not like he does, but I love working here.

,,Maybe you should take a look in the mirror" Estella giggles and holds a silver platter up so I can see my reflection in it.

It's a little hard to see my reflection properly, but I can still see my mascara running down my face. Typical.