Chapter 9

The next day Diane was in her office working when she got a phone call. She answered.

''Hello?''

Madam Govenor we had a break in at one of the local banks and they want you to give a speech for the press conference this evening.'' The commissioner said.

''Alright, I'll give it, but I need to know what happened?'' She said knowing full well as she hung up.

She went out to talk Webs. ''Press conference in an hour.'' She said.

''Got it, say where is Wolf?'' Webs asked.

''I gave him the day off; he has to have a break here and there.'' She said going in.

Later that evening the good guys were at home, Wolf decided to hang out there and they turned on the news to see Diane on the screen.

''Governor Foxington what do you think of the sudden bank robbery?'' One asked.

''I'm not sure things had been just fine, I bet it was just another character trying to get 5 minutes of fame, but we are working hard on catching that criminal.'' She replied.

''Do you think the reformed bad guys are behind this robbery?'' Asked Tiffany.

''No, I highly doubt that it's them, this person was very careful and got away, casing the place, cutting the camera's, the good guys were messy and wanted to be seen plus we've been keeping an eye on them.'' Diane said looking at screen.

The good guys were shocked.

''Wait, I can't believe she called us messy.'' Snake said in shock.

''She's not wrong, and we did showboat around.'' Piranha said eating.

''At least Diane is sticking up for us.'' Shark said.

Wolf was quiet thinking.

''There was a witness saying they saw a black hooded figure. And had an idea it could be a copycat of the Crimson Paw. Is that true?'' One asked.

Diane looked surprised. ''The Crimson Paw Marmalade is still locked up, so it could be a copycat, but we aren't sure just yet, but we will be keeping an eye out for this bad guy. They are bound to slip eventually.'' Diane said.

''Maybe its Diane.'' Snake said,

They all looked at him. ''What just saying.'' He said watching Diane and she seemed calm about it.

''No, it wasn't Diane, she gave that up and we've been clean ever since thanks to her and she has too much to lose to do that.'' Wolf said.

''True, I think it might be a gang of bad guys who are just smarter then we are, or they followed the crimes of the Crimson Paw.'' Webs suggested.

The witness said it looked like the Crimson Paw and we all know that Diane is the real Crimson Paw, but you could be right Webs. Come to think of its Diane hasn't been here a lot.'' Snake noted.

''Guys, she's busy with work and all of this going on. She not behind it and Snake I don't ever want you to blame Diane.'' Wolf growls.

''Sorry buddy, it was a suggestion, that person could have been wrong.'' Snake said going to the fridge he couldn't shake the feeling something was off.

Wolf got a face call from Diane and pushed answer and saw her face.

''Hey Diane.'' He replied.

''Hey Wolf, hi guys.'' She called as she was still in her office.

''Hey Diane.'' They all called.

''So, what are your plans, Wolf?'' Asked Diane.

''Well, we were going bowling later and want you to come.'' He said.

''Sure, what time?'' Diane asked.

''Well depends on when you show up.'' Wolf said.

''Let's see.'' She checked her other phone and saw that the bad guys were having a meeting and she should show up at 7.

''I should be free around 8:30 so let's go for 9 this evening is that ok? And if you want to go early or play a game before I show up that's fine.'' Diane said smiling.

''Sound good guys?'' Asked Wolf.

''Yeah, that works.'' Shark said.

''Why not sooner?'' Asked Snake looking at her though the screen.

''I have to deal with this paperwork, writing a report and figuring out the criminal's next move.'' She said.

''You got it hon; we'll see you soon.'' Wolf kisses the screen as it turned off.

Diane sunk in her seat and sighed. It didn't say what she was supposed to do but it was a meeting.

She got the paperwork done and saw it was almost 7 and she took off taking her bike and she showed up to the hideout and was about to climb up the wall when the door opened and there was Zang.

''There you are, come in this way.'' He opened the door.

She walked in and saw a banner up with cake and all kinds of good stuff. ''What is all of this?''

''We are celebrating. This was your 10th mission and you pulled off robbing a bank!'' Eric said raising a glass.

''Yeah, it was the most secure bank! And you pulled it off!'' Mara said happily coming over.

''And this is also to welcome you to the gang party.'' Nolan said coming over and handed her the money.

''You are amazing and fooling everyone with the press and new bad guys was impressive.'' Zang said.

''Let's get one thing straight I'm only doing this because you blackmailed me into it and I'm not part of this gang.'' She said firmly.

''Come on, you like it I know you do, I saw you in that bank you were flawless and besides you get to be free, and nobody knows it you, while being in power that's a great talent.'' Mara said placing a wing on her shoulder.

''It's not talent, its stealing and it's not a good feeling.'' Diane protested upset.

''While we are here, we should talk about the next heist.'' Nolan said coming over grinning.

''I have to say no.'' She said.

They all looked at her. ''Why?'' Asked Zang.

''Because that was a secure bank, and they will be expecting another robbery and I have to send more security to the banks, we are going to have to lower the banks at least until the heat dies down. If you get greedy and continue doing it recklessly then you'll be caught. How do you think I managed to not get caught?'' She asked looking at them.

''She's got a point. Plus, someone saw her so that won't be good, also if she gets caught, we are done for.'' Mara said.

''You're right. Plus, I think she's earned a break; we'll give you a week off for now.'' Nolan said smiling at her.

''You'll lay off the stalking and listening to the conversations?'' She asked.

''Yes, we will now let's eat.'' Nolan said his arm around her shoulder and taking her to a chair.

Diane had a bit of cake and some punch. ''I have to go.'' She said.

''Not, yet.'' The all protested.

''I have a previous engagement to go to.'' She said walking out.

''Wait Diane!'' Nolan said running after her and grabbing her paw.

She turned. ''What?''

''Thank you, for helping us and you are looking beautiful tonight.'' He said.

''I'm taken, and flattery is not getting you anywhere, you and I will never be anything.'' She took off.

Nolan grins watching her leave.

Enjoy!