Chapter 14: Sweet Dreams & Beautiful Nightmares

"You want me in your bed?" Micheal tugs my hand towards his suite. "Is that so surprising?" His soft lips graze my neck. "We have already made love, after all." "Well, if I get in your bed, I'll never want to leave." "I don't have a problem with that." "Is that how you want to spend these two days?" "Please, Taja. We've waited for so long. We've stayed so carefully separate." He pulls me close. I press my cheek against his firm chest and breathe in his woody, rich scent. "Now that we're finally together, I can't bear the thought of a moment apart." He burrows his lips into my hair, breathing me in right back. "Stay with me tonight. I need your body next to mine." I wrap my arms around him and look up to see him smiling down at me. "Okay. Take me to bed." Micheal's soft smile cracks into a wide grin.

He picks me up like I'm nothing, and I wrap my legs around his broad torso. He breathes into my ear, making me shiver. "Veux-tu coucher avec moi ce soir?" I giggle. "Oui. Bien sûr." "Thank God." My eyes widen as he carries me into his extravagant suite for the first time.

"You like my room?" "It's dazzling, and look at this view! Do you fall asleep gazing at the stars every night?" "That's not what I'll be looking at tonight

"You like my room?" "It's dazzling, and look at this view! Do you fall asleep gazing at the stars every night?" "That's not what I'll be looking at tonight." He tosses me onto the lush, feather-soft bed and crawls on top of me. "Now, will we be able to sleep if we're so close to each other?" "Not even you could seduce me out of sleeping in a bed this comfortable." I playfully swat him with a pillow. He rolls off, laughing. Finally, I settle into the crook of his muscular arms. My eyes drift closed as he presses a soft kiss to my forehead. "Goodnight, Tj." Even in the safety of his arms, though a nightmare creeps into my subconscious.

~Nightmare starts~
I swim off the side of La Siréne with Micheal and Zoe. "Look! Look what I can do!" Zoe does a flip in the water and comes up grinning. She paddles out towards open water. "Don't swim too far away, little mermaid." "You can't keep her, Taja." Micheal frowns at me, his eyes indescribably sad. The current pushes him away from me. "You can't keep anyone."  Thunder rumbles overhead in the darkening sky. The waves grow bigger, bigger... until one sweeps over my head, and everything goes black. "Taja! Wake up!"
~Nightmare ends~

I bolt up with a gasp, sweaty in the fine linen sheets of Micheal's bed. He holds me by the arms, gazing at me with sweet concern. "You had a nightmare. Now, tell me. What did you dream about?" "It was about you." "A nightmare about me? Am I that frightening of a monster?" "I was scared for you, not of you. But it's okay. You're okay. Will you distract me?" I lean down and meet Micheal's lips in a sloppy kiss that stokes the growing heat inside me. (He had me twice after dinner last night, and somehow, I still want more. What is he doing to me?) "I know what we should do. Let's go outside. Where there's air and space." "Under the stars?" Micheal's fingers trail a teasing line down my neck and between my breasts. "Exactly."

On the pool deck, me and Micheal push two pool chairs together and cuddle up. The stars blaze above, the only witness to the lingering touches that bank my passion even higher. Micheal pull me closer, his lips pressing words into my neck in French and English. "How are you real? I want you so badly that it drives me mad." "Oh? How mad? Mad enough to take me out here in the open?" "It's not as though I haven't thought about it before many times. I had dreams about you. I had one particularly vivid dream the night of the gala." He kisses me again and again, dipping his tongue into my mouth and setting my ablaze. "I dreamt that you came over and climbed into my lap. And made me forget the pain in my heart." I slip my leg over Micheal, shifting to straddle him.