| FOUR |

All of the sudden, everybody was arguing, which had probably been due to Dean Portman pushing everyone around and being all harsh with them.

I quickly skated over there, but all I could hear was shouting and arguing between the ducks and the new team USA members. Thats when I looked at Charlie, who was shouting something at Luis. Of course he decided to pick a fight with him, all though I wasnt mad because everyone was yelling for something stupid.

"EVERYBODY FREEZE!" Coach Bombay blew the whistle, and everybody jumped, turning around towards him.

"Now, we didn't come here to fight! We came here to play hockey! We're team USA. You represent your country—" Coach started, but began getting cut off by Mr Tibbles.

"Thats right." "Now I want you—"

"To be all that you can be, right! You gotta raise yourself up, guys! Ya got—" Tibbles exclaimed, turning towards Coach Bombay.

"All right, now. Let's start with the scrimmage." Coach cut off Tibbles as everyone laughed.

"Great! Scrimmage!" Mr. Tibbles and Coach bombay both blew their whistle at the same time. "Hey, you dont need me here. I've got an appointment anyway, I gotta see miss mackay. She's the team tutor." Don explained, walking away.

"Don?" Bombay stopped him, holding out his hand for the whistle. "Come on."

Don took the whistle off and set it in Coach's hand. "You'll get it back at the end of the school term." He instructed, everybody laughing again.

"All right, ducks! Show em what you got! Let's scrimmage!" Bombay called out, and I went to center position, standing right infront of Dwayne. "Great day for hockey, ain't it?" He asked me. "Sure is, cowboy!" I smiled at him, trying to be friendly.

We hit our sticks together and he instantly took off with the puck, almost knocking me over and yelling, "Yee-haw!"

so much for being nice.

I instantly got up and followed after him, but Luis had slipped and fell into the goal and I wanted to run up and help him, but we were in a game and I wasn't trying to get in trouble.

He got back up and the game started to move again, Banks took the puck and I followed behind him for support, making sure nobody would try and steal it from him.

"Lets go, defense!" Julie yelled as a thump echoed from the floor. I quickly looked back to see Charlie laying on the floor. Ouch.

"You okay??" I yelled to him, still looking after Adam. "Yeah!" He yelled back, but it wasnt very convincing.

Adam hit the puck, but Julie caught it, which wasnt very surprising to me, she was good. I wonder if I wouldve made a good goalie? Surely not. I ran to the side to gulp some water down and got back into the game as quick as I could.

Sooner or later, Adam had passed the puck to me, and just like that, I was swept back to reality.

I skated up as fast as I could, making sure nobody but my team was behind me. I spun over to the side of the goal and shot the puck in. I did it! I smiles to myself because, all though this game didnt matter, I was still proud.

"Good shot, Natalie!" Bombay clapped.

I skated back around, ready to catch the puck again when out of the corner of my eye, Portman knocked down Fulton. I guess i was wrong. Guy and Averman had skated up to him, but he easily pushed them down onto the net of Goldberg's goal as the bell rang.