| THIRTEEN |

It was about two days after our last game, and we were at a meeting, all dressed up in our USA clothes. I was wearing red sweatpants and a white t-shirt that had the letters "USA" in red.

"I've had a lot of big distractions since ive been here in L.A. This is a distraction." Coach admitted. He held up a cardboard cutout of him that read, "For me, its Hendrix" "Nice haircut, coach." "Looks familiar" "Hey, I know that guy!" Scattered comments came from the team.

Coach lit a match and threw it in a barrel next to him. "This is a fire in a barrel." He stated. We watched as he folded up the cardboard cutout and put it in the barrel. "This is a distraction in a fire in a barrel, Any questions?"

We all clapped for Bombay, looking at each other and smiling. "All right, woo!" Me and Connie cheered.

We were now all at the rink, starting to practice our skills and stop mistakes from happening. "You all have special skills, now we have to refine them. Luis, your speed is a great weapon. Now you must learn to harness it." Jan told Luis, meanwhile I finished building a tower of soda cans.

Jan blew the whistle, "Lets do it." Luis began skating fast, remembering the tricks I taught him. He had built up his speed and tried to stop at the soda can tower, but failed.

I giggled at him. "Dont worry, you'll get it." I reassured him, holding my hand out to grab him up.

we were at the rink for about half an hour before I set the cans up for the last time. Luis built up his speed again, and continued to use my tips, skating a little slower so he could control what he was doing. He skated up to the cans and finally... he stopped! "Yay!!" I cheered, throwing my arms up. I quickly hugged him.

"I knew you would get it sometime, lets go get the others." I smiled at him while we walked to the locker room to get everybody else.

The rest of our day consisted of crawling on the ice of the rink while holding our sticks horizontal infront of us, working out, running on treadmills, shooting goals, and so much more.

"Im so glad thats over." I panted. I was completely tired out, leaning on Charlie as he put his regular shoes back on. "Yeah me too,.."

He paused before speaking again.

"Natty, do you wanna have another sleepover tonight? We dont have to invite all the other guys, just you and me. And obviously Julie and Connie, but we could go to my dorm instead..?" He suggested, and I instantly smiled.

"Oh my gosh, of course!" I exclaimed, I was wondering when me and Charlie would hang out again. All though, maybe I was being too excited about this.

"I mean,... I'd love to." I cleared my throat, ignoring what I had just said.

"Okay great, Ill see you later!" Charlie got up. He grabbed his stuff and walked out. I was about to follow after him until I saw Adam, alone, looking at his wrist. The wrist that Iceland boy hit.

"Hey, Banks, you okay?" I asked, motioning to his wrist.

"Oh, yeah im fine.." He told me. I knew he was lying to me, but I wasn't trying to argue with him. "You sure?" "Yeah, go catch up with Charlie, I know you like him." Adam gave me a soft smile as I ran off.

"Whatever, see ya!" I waved to him.

I closed my door and packed my clothes eagerly. Ever since I started liking Charlie, or realized I liked him, Ive been wanting to hang out with him and see him every chance I get. "What are you getting ready for?" Julie laughed at my actions. "Oh, sorry, Im going to Charlie's room, and im just really excited! I know its only been a few days since we hung out, but it feels like its been weeks." I rambled, my cheeks going hot.