TWENTY-NINE

Tyler

Ethan had picked Alec and I up from the apartment, since Alec's car wasn't ready yet. It was suppose to be ready by today, I don't know what happened... But we got to the bonfire regardless.

I opened the door and looked down. The ground looks so far from where I'm at... Alec got out of the truck with a grunt and he shuts the door. He steps to the side so he was under me. He holds his arms up.

"I'll get you, Tyler." he smiles.

I readied myself on the edge of the seat. I look down at him, and he gave me a reassuring smile. I pushed myself off the edge and he caught me. His hands under my armpits and he sets me down on my feet. I heard Ethan open the trunk of his truck as Alec and I stare at each other, smiling at each other.

"Hey," Ethan says then whistles.

We both look at him. He puts his keys in the pocket of his board shorts and motioned his hands towards him.

"Are you gonna help or not?" he asks.

Alec lets go of my hips and closed the door. He quickly walks to the trunk, helping Ethan carry some coolers and drinks. Alec grunts as he drags a cooler out of the trunk. It falls to his knees, but he caught it.

"Damn, Ethan. What's in here?" he asks, grabbing the other handle.

Ethan drags another cooler out without struggle, "Beer... Canadians... I also sneaked some Coronas' from my parents."

He playfully nudges Alec at his arm then starts walking. Alec walked behind him, but stopped in front of me. We watched as Ethan walk towards the bonfire, and some of Alec's friends started to gather around him.

"I don't know if you know this, but Ethan just turned 21 just last month." Alec says.

I bit my lip, feeling a bit inferior about being here.

"Is everyone here 21 and older?" I ask him, looking up at him.

He tilted his head and looked at the sky.

"There could be a possibility that minors will be here," he answers, slowly shaking his head. "Who am I kidding? There are minors here. There's always minors here. So you're good."

I nod my head. Ooh, minors... Where are their parents?

"Alec! Come on! Stop f***ing your girlfriend and bring the drinks over here!" Ethan shouts.

Alec chuckles, shaking his head. He steps in front of me and turns his body so that he was facing me. I cross my arms.

"I'm just gonna put these down by the fire, alright?" I nodded. "Then I'll be right back to get my surfboard from the trunk."

"Okay," I say, arching my brows.

He looks down at me, then back at my eyes. He leans down, kissing me.

"Alec!" Ethan screams.

I felt him bite my lip and he pulls back. I whimpered, but it seemed like Alec didn't notice because he was already jogging over to the fire with the cooler in his hands. I rub my bottom lip, trying to get the pain out of the way.

He bites really hard... That butthead...

I pull my fingers from my lips and saw smeared blood on them. What the crap, Alec?

He comes back, running towards me. He frowns when he sees me looking at my bloody fingers. Worried, he grabbed my wrist and took a closer look at it.