Chapter 5: The Search for Answers

The detective began to piece together the timeline leading up to the video, trying to identify any events or circumstances that could have triggered Isabel's emotional distress. It became clear that her life wasn't as perfect as it seemed.

Meanwhile, my emotions swung between shock, confusion, and concern for Isabel. I couldn't fathom why she kept this dark secret hidden from me.

I didn't know what to think. What first crossed my mind was, "Where did that video come from? The video was of Isabel having sex with several guys. It was horrible. This was why her mother was so angry before I came into the room.

Why didn't she tell me? Everyone in the room was silent, and everyone's faces changed. The detective said that they have not yet found out who sent the video or when it happened. Then there was a chilling message at the end of the video, saying, "Go to hell." "We haven't identified the sender yet," he said. "A thousand questions came to my mind: what is going on? And who did this? The detective said to everyone, "We are going to get to the bottom of who made and sent this video. I ask everyone to stay close to the city for further investigation.

Still half in shock at everything but not understanding how this could have happened, the only question was why we went back to the room. Kim followed behind me. I sat down again to breathe quickly, thinking in my head, "What should I do now? My best friend is dead, and someone made her die because of that video. Who hates her so much for doing this, and where did that video come from? I thought back to what I saw in the video and remembered the outfit she was wearing. I had seen it before, but it's true. Kim came and sat next to me, put his arm around me, and said, "I'm so sorry for your family; I don't know what to say." "It's okay," he said. "I don't know, either; I really didn't see it coming." Tears also came from his eyes, and he tried to wipe them away. At that moment, it became painfully evident just how much this loss had affected him. Even in the midst of our shared sorrow, Kim found the strength to acknowledge the complexities of his relationship with his late sister. "Even though we didn't always get along," he admitted, "she was still my sister."

The weight of the situation pressed down on us, leaving us both searching for words that could never truly capture the depth of our sorrow. I held it and immediately thought of what I saw in the video, but I couldn't say it without knowing for sure. The hours went by, and before I knew it, it was already nighttime. Kim asked, "Are you hungry?" I said a little bit, I'll go get some food, and I'll be right back, he said, and I said okay, and he walked out the door. I thought back to the moment that made me think. I grabbed my phone and looked for a photo. After a while of searching, I found the photo I had in mind. What I thought was correct was that the outfit I had seen before was the outfit she wore at the pool party four years ago. And I immediately started thinking back to the moment Isabel disappeared and stayed away for a long time. I still remember Natasha calling her and telling her that her mother was on the phone. I remember that day after she told me the reason why she disappeared and why she didn't respond. She hadn't responded to my messages yet. I was about to walk in when a voice said, "Hey, Zoey." I looked around, and it was Isabel. "Hey," I said, "everything was okay." "Yes," she said, "I'm sorry, I just disappeared." I had my mom on the phone, and I felt so angry I had to cool off for a while. I started drinking and fell asleep. I didn't want to open my phone because I thought my mom was just texting me. Only later did I see it was you. I immediately thought, "This is the evening; this is the moment it happened; what happened between the hours she was gone, and where were the others?" Though my mind raced with questions and curiosity, as Isabel walked away, I couldn't shake the feeling that the missing pieces of this puzzle were crucial to understanding the true nature of that mysterious evening.

After some time, Kim came back with some food. We ate, and I looked at him. His eyes were overtired. I said to him, "You look tired. Why don't you go to sleep? I am going to sleep too." He sighed and said, "Yes, you are right." We went to bed. I was half asleep, thinking about what I had discovered while Kim's arms were holding me, wondering whether I should tell him or not. I fell asleep with those thoughts.