Chapter 2: Just Going Out For Fresh Air, Nothing Could Go Wrong

*****

"Hmm."

It's been an hour since Mr. Alan left the room.

I already changed my hospital gown into a hospital pajamas when a nurse went to my room after a few minutes when Mr. Alan left my room.

Right now, I'm already in the middle of the story I'm reading. But I stopped as I was only 'able to read halfway' through.

But it doesn't matter whether I can finish the book or not since I remember how the crime happened, who the culprit is, and what the culprit's intention is.

I close the book but what now?

"(What should I do.)" I muttered under my breath.

Mr. Alan already left, and no one was around, and as always I was all alone. He told me that I should take a rest but I couldn't fall asleep even if I closed my eyes and relaxed my body.

"*sigh*."

I stood up, leaned towards the window, and looked down at the hospital park below.

The area is quite large. Maybe I should get some fresh air. It's still morning so I have plenty of time to wander around.

I went towards the door and reached my hand towards the doorknob when I realized that I didn't have any slippers on. But I noticed a slipper below my bed so I went and got it to wear and finally went out of the room towards the hallway.

Holding the book close to my chest, I reached out towards the door and opened it.

Only to bump into a nurse with short blonde hair and brown colored eyes standing in front of my room.

It seems like she's going inside my room to check up on me.

'Although, a nurse already check me up when I change my clothes'.

"Oh, you are..." The nurse spoke without finishing as her eyes widened upon seeing me.

"Hm?" I tilt my head a little as I glance at her ID and look up at her.

I can't help but complain that I have to look up to an adult again when I'm going to talk to them, after all, it's not right to talk to someone without looking them in the eyes.

"You are...you are finally awake." She said. "How are you?"

"Umm, uh."

The way the nurse talked to me as if she knew me, confused me because obviously, I never met her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, you might be confused about me but I'm one of the nurses who took care of you this whole week, my name is Claire Anthony," said Ms. Anthony. "I can't help but worry about you since you've been in a coma for the whole week and your head injury might still haven't recovered yet so you should still be in bed resting because accidents can occur at any moment ."

"Head injury?"

I am baffled. Head injury? But I was pierced in my chest that night and he said...

Huh?

Wait.

Mr. Alan didn't provide me with any answers I wanted to hear. He just told me that I was in a coma for over a week and for some reason, I feel like he intentionally avoids me from questioning him further when I only ask what's not important. I didn't manage to ask what I really wanted an answer. For example:

'How did you manage to save me when a hole appeared in my chest?'

'How did you find me that night when I was in the middle of nowhere?'