Until You're Mine Again

John Kramer was the only person I had through the years of my life. He found me when I was crying alone at the bar, not knowing that he would be the reason am I still living my pathetic life.

He's now Jigsaw, much more different from what he's used to be. All I see is a sadistic monster who takes pleasure from torture and pain he inflicted on others. He tried to hide it from me, but I manage to put the pieces together after months of investigation.

“What's up with the heavy luggage, you're leaving aren't you?” John asked when he caught me sneaking out without his permission.

When I turned around, John's eyes were hurt like I was the one wrong here, and he needed my explanation.

“You know why, don't act dumb” I answered as I looked away, he didn't know how long I have been trying to get out of nightmares at night, how much guilt I feel towards his victims.

I twisted the knob again, but then he called out my name.

“Don't do this, y/n… You shouldn't have found out, I was careless…" He admitted but none of it matters to me, like if he said sorry - would it bring back the life of those humans?

I stopped and tried to breathe, but it appears that the surrounding air, makes it harder to find.

“Give me a good reason, John” I asked, and I faced him, arms crossed and dissatisfied.

John sighed as he leaves me alone, he went to the living room and I don't even know when he's going to get back.

So I guess this is it…

Now I finally opened the door, moving the luggage outside when suddenly, John grabbed my arm and force me to get inside. He's surprisingly strong for an old man that I found myself on his arms, if I didn't get some help from him. I'd have slipped and break some bones.

I pushed him away, once I already get a hold of myself and on what am I supposed to do.

“Jeez John, why do you always make it difficult for me?” I asked him that as I looked up, trying not to give way for those stubborn tears of mine.

John's eyes softened as he handed me something, it was a thick file inside the folder. And I didn't know what to do but to accept it. Then he, gently, wiped out the tears that escape with his thumb, but I ignore him.

Never did I knew what I would find inside that white folder.

There were pictures and details of women, men, mostly responsible for the crimes that the police didn't catch by.

“This fire chief chose to ignore the victims call through the phone to this burning building, turned a blind eye when there are hundreds of people could have been saved” I was confused, and I don't understand where he's going with it, but he explained it patiently despite his growing anger.

“It's not easy for me to say that he'll learn his lesson through my methods but y/n… I'm not doing this for fun, I'm trying to help unheard people, I believed that I could still make this world a better place for everyone” His reason seems valid but still, it's wrong to kill people, we shouldn't take justice in our hands.

“But John… you're not the same John, I know… you know what? We're over…" I said as I glance on the other pictures of his so called - victims who turned out not innocent after all.

I wanted to believe him, so bad that I want to betray my belief just to take in his. But I don't know if I would ever accept him, all I could say for now is I needed time to think it all over and over.

John's face saddened even more, and he didn't try to grab me or reason out with me, he watched me leaving and getting the luggage I left outside. He just stood there, I know because I could still see him from my peripheral vision.

“If you ever had a time to forgive me, please come and meet me again- I'd be glad for that moment, always take care, my queen” he bid his farewell and then finally his figure disappear back inside the house.

There's a cab who stopped the right time when he left, and I could only bite my lips while feeling my heart cracked in a thousand pieces. It was bleeding, and it freaking hurts, I can't breathe, and I feel like the purpose of life is once more taken again.

Then I entered the back seat where the driver is a man on his 40s, he had the same blue eyes like John which made me sobbing. One thing I'm thankful is he gave me a chance to love him even though he always reminded me of the age gap, he still chose to be gentle, more careful than anyone else. He knows how sensitive and fragile I am that he did all he can just to protect me.

“Good afternoon, I'm Mark and I'll be your driver for today” he said in a cold tone that seems odd, but I didn't push my thoughts any further.

He smirked at me and I could tell that something is off but I'm too busy, crying my eyeballs out. Only then I realized that he's driving without asking me where to go. But he's nice looking enough to be a bad person.

"Mark... You said right?" I confirmed but he didn't speak with me again, his eyes were focused on the road and he didn't have time to chit chat with me.

"Yes, lady... If you don't mind, I prefer solitude and I'm out here for- nevermind" he goes quiet and it only aroused more suspicion that I tried to open the car door but it's locked.

"You're in good hands, just like what my name says- Mark my words" he said, uninterested with anything harm he could do on me.

Why can't you just let me go already John Kramer?