⊹ ࣪ ˖ 06

—MERAKI

𝐥𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲— what about the plans we made?

(;tv)

          the next evening, we were to go to the village again. except that... i overslept. i had been up all night and must have fallen asleep when i sat down at my desk. i was awakened by a loud knock on the door. „w-what..." i muttered with a sleepy voice. „you looked so cute as you slept!" i heard. „kuro! why didn't you wake me up, you silly-„ he interrupted me. „yeah, yeah. i know, silly bird, care mia. your lover is knocking at the door, sooo..." he laughed. „he is not my lover!" i rolled my eyes, but stood up and went to the door. i opened it. „ohhh- iguro-saaan..." i smiled, awkwardly. „have you been sleeping?" he asked. „um... maybe?" i sighed. „why? we should be in the village now, yami." oh! he used my name again, nice. „i know, i'm sorry. i stayed up all night through nightmares. i don't even know when i fell asleep." i looked at the ground, angry at myself. „nightmares?" „mhm." „about?" does he really care about it? damn. „nothing important." i replied.

          „if it was nothing important, you could sleep. what happened?" he looked at me carefully. i wanted to extend my hand to kaburamaru to pet him, but he hissed and turned his muzzle the other way. „what? he always liked it." i looked at obanai. he laughed briefly. „he is offended because you didn't say goodbye to him last time." oh, wow. he smiled? stupid bandages. „oh... kaburamaru, i'm sorry. i forgot..." i looked at him. „can you forgive me, sweetie?" i smiled, softly. the snake looked at me, but eventually snuggled into my outstretched hand. „awww~" i smiled. „great, so what about the nightmares?" gosh, tokitou is quicker to forget such things and let the subject change.

„about the past." i sighed. i gave up. he wouldn't let it go anyway. „past? what do you mean?" he went inside without even asking me. although he closed the door behind him. he leaned against my desk with folded arms. „spill the tea." he said. again? should i tell him something like that... again? yesterday the story about my eyes, today this... shit. „when i joined the corps and had my first missions, i made a big mistake. i came too late and instead of trying to save two lives, i saved one. there was a risk that both would die. two children, a village. i rescued a girl who was close to death and, when i handed her over to her parents... i didn't have time to protect the boy who was with his sister. to this day i still have the scream in my head, to this day i can see his little body in front of my eyes, full of blood and the look on his sister's face. as she ran up to him, knelt down and... i can see the hatred in her eyes towards me. she only asked me why her brother's life was worth less than that girl's.  i didn't want it, really. i-it was a mistake. bad choice. or anything. those were my first days after the final selection... i-i..." my voice cracked. obanai grunted and walked closer to me, wordlessly putting his arms around me. he surprised me with this, but nevertheless, i immediately hugged him, pulling my nose. „shhh, everything's fine." i heard. he began gently rubbing my shoulders in a gesture of support. „t-thank you." i muttered. „you're welcome, but don't get used t..." he paused. „forget, just you're welcome." i smiled. he didn't want to be unkind? i think i'm getting to know him from a different side lately.