A warning in the dark

**Izel’s POV**🎀

**Izel’s POV**🎀

"Can you believe it, Miya? Mr. Riven is my boss," I said, sinking into my cozy armchair. My apartment, though small and minimally furnished, always felt like a sanctuary. Tonight, it was the perfect backdrop for some quality time with my best friends.

Miya, sprawled out on my couch, looked at me with wide eyes. "Wait, the Mr . Riven means that hot shot billionaire .
Her mouth was hung open like a duck she is.

I nodded, biting my lip. "Yes, the very one. And guess what? I ended up in the elevator with him this morning."

Bruno, who was busy rummaging through my fridge for snacks, straightened up. "No way. Did he say anything to you?"

"Not exactly," I said, recounting the incident. "He just stared ahead, but his presence was... intense."

Miya let out a low whistle. "Sounds like a scene from a thriller novel. So, what’s the deal with this guy?"

I sighed. "He owns multiple companies, including Lumina Tech, but he doesn't usually meddle in the gaming division. His younger brother Enzo handles most of that. Still, Mr. Riven makes all the major decisions, and everyone is terrified of him."

Bruno finally settled down with a bowl of chips. "So, what are you wearing to the office party tonight?"

"That's the thing," I said, groaning. "I have no idea. This project was a big deal, and I want to look good, but I have no clue what to wear."

Miya jumped up with a sparkle in her eye. "Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Let’s raid your closet."

We spent the next hour trying on different outfits, Miya and Bruno giving their opinions. Finally, we settled on a chic yet comfortable dress that struck the right balance between classy and stylish.

"You look amazing," Miya said, fluffing my hair one last time. "Mr. Riven won’t know what hit him."

I blushed. "It’s not about him. I just want to enjoy the party and celebrate with my team."

When I arrived at the office party, the atmosphere was buzzing with excitement. The project had been a massive success, and everyone was in high spirits. My team and I had worked tirelessly, often late into the night, and it felt good to see our efforts being recognized.

"Great job, Izel!" my colleague Jake said, raising his glass. "Your designs were fantastic."

"Thanks, Jake," I replied, feeling a warm glow of pride. "It was definitely a team effort."

As we mingled and laughed, I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. Every now and then, I felt an intense gaze on me, but whenever I turned around, I couldn't pinpoint the source. It was unsettling yet strangely thrilling.

At one point, I spotted Mr. Riven across the room, surrounded by a few high-ranking executives. He was as intimidating as ever, but something about him intrigued me. His sharp jawline, piercing blue eyes, and commanding presence made it hard to look away.

Emma nudged me. "There he is, the big boss himself. you have seen him up close?"

"Only in the elevator," I said with a shiver. "He's... Cold ."

Emma laughed. "That’s an understatement. But hey, if he’s here, it means our project really impressed him. So, let’s take that as a win."

As I turned back towards him, our eyes met directly. It felt like an electric current ran through me, making my heart race. He held my gaze, and I couldn't help but notice the slight smirk that played on his lips when he caught me staring. Flustered, I quickly looked away, my cheeks burning.

The night continued, filled with congratulations and toasts. As the party wound down, I found a quiet corner to gather my thoughts. The last few weeks had been a whirlwind of hard work and anxiety, but standing there, I felt a sense of accomplishment.

Suddenly, a hush fell over the room. I looked up to see Mr. Riven made his way towards the exit. He exuded power and control, his presence commanding attention. Our eyes met again for a brief moment, and I quickly looked away, my heart racing. There was something about him that drew me in, despite the fear he inspired.

Miya's voice echoed in my head. "Sounds like a scene from a thriller novel." Maybe it was, but for now, I was content with the success we had achieved and the growing confidence in my role.

______

As I walked home that night, my mind was still on Miya. She hadn't been feeling well, and I'd spent longer at her place than I intended. The streets were quiet, the city lights casting eerie shadows that danced on the pavement. I quickened my pace, the click of my heels echoing with every step.
As I crossed that alley a wave of Shiver shook my entire existence as I fastened my pace and a relief washed over me as I was so close to my  apartment , before I reach there
Suddenly, a strong arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me back against a solid chest. I tried to scream, but a large hand covered my mouth, muffling any sound.

"Shhh," a deep, familiar voice whispered in my ear. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as a chill ran down my spine. It was him. The man from the alley, the one who haunted my nightmares.

I was terrified. My heart pounded in my chest as I felt his breath on my neck, hot and heavy. He brushed his lips against the crook of my neck, inhaling deeply. His grip tightened around my waist, holding me firmly in place. I could feel the low growl rumbling in his chest, vibrating against my back.

"You smell even better up close, sweetheart," he murmured, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "Remember what I said: wrong time, wrong place can get you into trouble you can't handle."

I was still in my dress and heels from the office party, and I felt completely vulnerable. I tried to struggle, but his hold was too strong. He seemed to take pleasure in my fear, his grip tightening as I squirmed.

"You never know who might be watching, my little treasure," he whispered, his voice dangerously low. "Be more careful."

He lingered for a moment longer, his lips brushing against my neck one last time before he finally let go. I stumbled forward, catching myself against a nearby wall. My body was trembling, and my breath came in short, panicked gasps.

I turned around, but he was already gone, swallowed by the darkness. The only thing left was the echo of his voice in my mind, a bone-chilling reminder of the danger that lurked in the shadows.

As I stood there, trying to gather my thoughts, his final words echoed in my mind, freezing my blood. "I won't always be this merciful, little girl."

Thanks for 100 reads 💕 pls vote and comment ur opinion if u are liking the journey of innocence meets power.
So here the chapter ends i hope u enjoyed the Izel success and ready for her future gurney