he is coming

**Chapter Title: Shaking Off the Shadows**

---

**Izel's POV**

Sunday mornings were usually my favorite-no alarm, no rush, just the sweet bliss of sleeping in. But today, the infernal beeping of my alarm ripped me out of a peaceful dream, where I was lounging on a cloud made of marshmallows. I groaned, slapping the snooze button with more force than necessary. "Whoever invented alarms clearly never appreciated the art of sleeping in," I muttered to myself, burying my face in the pillow.

After a moment of pretending I could drift back into sleep, I gave up,
dragging me out of the only good sleep I'd had in a week. My dreams had been hazy, filled with shadows and a pair of piercing eyes that made my heart race. It was stupid, really, how a complete stranger could haunt my thoughts like this. It's been a week since that night, but every time I closed my eyes, I could still feel his grip on my waist, the warmth of his breath against my ear. I shivered at the memory, quickly shaking it off as I rolled out of bed.

Today wasn't just any Sunday; I was finally going to meet up with Bruno and my bestie. It had been way too long since we'd all hung out, and I missed them like crazy. Bruno had this way of making everything seem lighter, and my bestie-well, she was my partner in crime.

I stretched, yawning as I kicked off the covers. The sunlight is filtered through the curtains, bathing the room in a soft glow. It should've felt peaceful, but there was a heaviness in the back of my mind. It had been a week since that night, and yet, I still couldn't shake the feeling of his presence-the stranger in the dark, the one who had left a permanent mark on my memory.

Even though I hadn't seen his face, the way he'd loomed over me, the way his voice had curled around me like smoke, sent chills down my spine. "Great, Izel," I scolded myself, "just what you need before breakfast-more creepy flashbacks." I shook my head, trying to clear the thoughts away. It was Sunday, and I was determined to enjoy it, not spend it thinking about some mysterious man who had scared the life out of me.

I rummaged through my closet, looking for something casual but cute-because, well, you never know who you might run into. "Maybe I'll bump into Chris Hemsworth buying coffee," I joked to my reflection, "and he'll realize I'm the one who's been missing from his life all along." I laughed, rolling my eyes at myself. "A girl can dream."

Finally dressed and ready, I grabbed my phone, sending a quick text to Bruno: *"I hope you're ready for some serious brunching because I'm starving, and you know what that means-don't be late or I might start eating the table."*

With one last look in the mirror, I nodded to myself. "Okay, Izel, let's make today about friends and food. No more brooding over a mysterious, terrifying stranger."
And with that, I headed out the door, determined to shake off the shadows of that night and focus on the people who really mattered.