11. The Challenge

AARUSHI'S POV-

"Stay away from me,"
And that is all it took for my anger to break through. Rishabh Rane is just an arrogant piece of shit.

"Oh really? You think every girl here is fanning herself at you? You might have been mistaken, Rishabh! But you are not nearly as important as you think you are."
I subdued my tears. There was no way I was crying in front of him and fuel his jupiter sized ego.

"I am not talking about every girl here, Aarushi, and you know that. I just wanted to make it clear that a girl like you can never enter my life. An unambitious, careless and reckless woman who acts on impulse can never be my type. You better get that inside your head,"

Anger, hatred, that is all I could see in his actions as I saw the man who was once gentle with me the first night we met. What might have caused that? What was so wrong on my part that he could not stand?
Hurt would have been my primary emotion right now, but anger won. I let it win, because it was a safe emotion. It will not make me look weak.

"Unambitious? Reckless and careless woman who make decisions on impulse? Is this how you judge every woman? That is very cheap of you, Mr. Ass. At least I am not that cheap," I scoffed.
Rishabh Rane was just a chauvinist. And he no longer had my respect.

"So you are not unambitious? What is your ambition, yeah? I am the fucking CEO of RenewEco Innovations. The best company in India for sustainability. I am a consultant member in the fucking UN. My ambitions and hard work made me stand where I am today. What did you do? What do you have? What ambition?"

"Your ambitions and hard work brought you this far, and your arrogance and ego will snatch it all away. I challenge you," I said in the heat of the moment. But his face did respond to my challenge. A glint in his eyes told me he accepted it.

"Come what may, but you do not stand anywhere in my life. Best of luck with yours. And I hope I do not see you again."
I hope the same. Mr. Ass.

I was at the bus stand waiting for the bus to head towards my home

I was at the bus stand waiting for the bus to head towards my home. Pune. The beach party was as good as it could have been. And I have been successful at not crying about certain someone's harsh words.

Aman bhaiya had come and asked me if everything was alright half an hour later my episode with his best ass friend. Correctly judging my mood. I pushed the thought of telling him everything and getting Rishabh's ass beaten by my brother away and told him that I was nervous about my internship. He assured me about it again, unknown of the fact that his best friend was the reason of my foul mood.

I was on the edge even after sitting on the bus. Although the happiness of meeting my parents remained, saying goodbye to Aman bhaiya and bhabhi was very difficult, but I had not realised Aadvik bhaiya will also get emotional about it. I told him we will meet again at Aman bhaiya's wedding, hearing that he glowed up again.

I did not want to even look at Rishabh after knowing about his judgements about me. But it would have been odd if I did not say goodbye to him after saying it to everyone. So I did go to him and bid a dry goodbye. He never once matched his eyes with mine. I wanted to think it was because of arrogance, but my guts told me it was shame in his eyes. And I ignored my guts. The arrogant asshole cannot be guilty about anything.