4. Staying At His Apartment

"You can stay here,"
Well, both of us had the same reaction right now- equally shocked.
My reason - because of all the things I was expecting him to say, it was in the bottom ten.
And him- maybe because his words escaped his mouth without his consent. My moral told me to deny, but my mind was against it.

I still decided to make a half hearted attempt to deny his offer.
"I... You don't have to-" And I was cut off by him, again.
"I will drop you to your hotel the first thing in the morning. You can stay here for the night. Are you hungry?" The sudden change in the topic took me off guard but it was welcoming at the same time. Normally, I would get angry if anyone took decisions for me, but this was different.
He was different.

"No, I was out of the restaurant looking for a taxi, when... When it happened." I murmured. So slowly I doubted even he heard that. He kept looking at me for a good minute, then nodded his head. Observing my expression when I tried my best not to let him know that I was jumpy.

"I never got the chance to say this earlier, but... I am really thankful you came there at the right time. I cannot imagine how it would have been if it weren't for you."
"You're welcome. I am sorry that women are not even safe while minding their own business. People like them are the reason why women don't tend to trust any man today." He finished.

"You don't have to apologise on their behalf." I added silkily. At least he accepted that men are at fault. I have seen most of them getting offended whenever topic like these came up.

It's no more about the fact that it is not "all men" but "always a man", it is much more about the fact that "each and every girl" has faced some sort of violation of her personal space, or some sort of abuse, no matter how small.

In a group of girls, if you ever start with your story about facing any of these, you will find other girls telling their own stories as well, because it has happened to everyone!
And the big thing is, we are not even surprised anymore when we hear their incidents, because it has happened to everyone!

It's painful how common it has become, but just because it is common, it is not normal.
"I am at least happy that those men got their punishments, all thanks to you, but in many cases, they just get free."

"I am glad I could help you." The corners of his mouth tipped up a little, in the resemblance of a smile. Damn, that smile was contagious.
"May I know your name?" He defected, thankfully.
"Aarushi,"
"It's a pretty name." He said quietly, almost to himself. I would have missed it if I weren't paying attention.
My cheeks heated at his words. Is there anything about him that I don't like?

"And you are?" I interrogated. And it looked like I shattered his riverie. He looked in my eyes and
clearing his throat, he answered, "Rishabh."
Okay, but why are his brown eyes so dominant? Can eyes be dominant? I swear his were. They held mine captive. Refusing to let me break the eye contact. And God, that dominance was hot.

"I think we should go sleep," his words brought me out of his damn eyes. What he said was supposed to be casual, yet I couldn't help the shiver that went down my spine at the possibilities of what the words could imply. Keep your mind out of the gutter, Aarushi Deshmukh!

He got up to lead to the bedroom as I nodded my head. Excited about our sleeping situation. Isn't it odd how sometimes we take months and years to trust people and sometimes all it takes is a moment of eye contact, and we know that the other person will never break our trust?

So, this is me, following a stranger, except for the fact that now I know his name at least, to his bedroom, to sleep for the entire night. And there's not a bit of doubt in my mind right now. Unique, right?

 Unique, right?

RISHABH'S POV-

Aarushi, she is the most innocent human being on this planet right now to follow me to my bedroom like a lost puppy. Although she is not a puppy, she is the most beautiful and the most dangerous thing to me right now. I have never been this distracted in my entire life, and I just met her an hour ago.

What was I thinking when I asked her to stay over? I wasn't responsible whether she wanted to be alone or not. Why did I care?
Right, I don't care. Just because I offered some kindness doesn't imply that I care. It is a whole different concept for me and I never want to learn that.

"Sleep on the bed, I'll take the couch." My voice left all the gentleness it had just a moment ago. The coolness entered my tone as I ordered her. She is already a big distraction. I have never found myself being this attracted to anyone. But that doesn't make any sense either. She is not my type at all. But still her innocence pulls me to her like a magnet attracting the irons.

"I..I will take the couch...you should not -"
"I wasn't asking Aarushi, if you are staying at my place show me the courtesy to follow what I say." I was expecting to feel good after lashing at her, I can't be that soft. But all I felt was a lance of pain as her face dimmed, while my inner voice called me an asshole.

"Take the bed, I insist." I added softly. Realising I should never see this woman again or else she'll turn me into someone I don't want to be. I am where I am because of my cold exterior, and by no means can I afford losing it.

Her face was all I could see over and over as I tried to sleep

Her face was all I could see over and over as I tried to sleep. It's late night, almost after 2 a.m. and I am still awake. Most definitely not habitual to sleeping on the couch.

It was almost 12 when I got on the couch giving her some of my clothes to feel comfortable. There was no way she was going to sleep in her tank top and those tight denims, the ones that hugged her voluptuous thighs and showcased her curvy figure.

If I already found her attractive, I clearly underestimated how hot she would look in my oversized t-shirt that reached down to her mid-thighs.
I had to remind myself and the little member down there that I was not a teenager, but a grown ass man who can't get a raging boner at the wrong time.

But obviously, none of us understood, and here I am with a huge requirement of a cold shower- but if I go into my bathroom, I will disturb the sleeping beauty and-

Every hair on my body stood on end as her terrified scream pierced the silence. Was someone in the room? Was this a nightmare? I leaped to my feet, rushing to my room, only to be met with a sight that left me utterly speechless.

Thanks for reading guys. It is a humble request to vote the chapters if you're reading it. The reads to vote ratio is truly disheartening for someone who has just begun. Your votes will encourage me to write more. Please be considerate. Thankyou again!