Chapter 1

-Chloe POV-

The scariest thing;
I was sitting in school with my friends being taught our 4 times table. I got bored, so I glanced out the window to see, I man being eaten alive and screaming an ear piercing scream. By another man who has blood all over him and his guts are poring every where. That is just like ewww. I thought I was going to puke up the spaghetti I had for lunch. I nudged Carl, my brother, and pointed at it to show him to see if I was just seeing things.
"What is that?", He whispered to me.
"I have no idea", I answered back.
"What are you looking at outside, Mr and miss Grimes?", The teacher asked.
"That is a man being eaten...by another man", I told her.
"Quit talking nonsen-", she started but was cut off.

"RING!!RING!!", the class room phone went off.

"Hello...yes they are right here...okay I'll send them down...bye", I listened to half the teachers conversation,"Chloe, Carl, your mom is down at reception waiting for you". That's  weird, wasn't expecting to leave early but oh well any thing to get away from school!

Me and Carl packed our bags and walked down stairs. We saw one of our freinds,"hey Jill". She turned around, her face covered in blood and a large bite looking thing out of her shoulder. She growled, shuffling closer to us.
"Jill, what are you doing", Carl asked. She continued getting closer. Me and Carl both looked at each other.
"Your scaring me", I told her. Still exactly the same. Carl pulled me backwards. She got really close, and it looked like she was away to bite us. I screamed. A knife appeared through her forehead, she fell to the ground and my mom stood behind her, knife in hand.
"You killed Jill", I shouted at her.
"She was already dead, hun", she answered me.
"What do you mean?", Carl asked. To be honest I was quite confused as well.
"There is an infection. It's bringing people back from the dead. Those undead people are trying to eat the living. It not safe here and we need to go", she explained. 

Mom grabbed our arm and took us to dads police car. Dad wasn't in it, just Shane. I don't like Shane.
"Where's dad? This is his police car", I asked them from the back seat.
"I went to see if he could be taken away, but the hospital staff told me he died", Shane told me, no emotion in his face. 
"Your just saying that", I shouted.
"I hate you", Carl yelled at them.
"Why? I didn't kill him", he said ignoring what I said. I hate him even more now. Just telling his best friends 10 year old children that their dad died and that they are stuck with a dick, their mom and their brother, when the world has undead people on it. Not even trying to say something like, 'he went to visit Nana and grandad and decided to stay for a bit to look after them', nope, just straight to the point. How great. If I ever had the chance I would kill him, just to keep him away from my family. I've seen the way he looks at my mom, when he speaks to her he isn't looking at her eyes if you know what I mean.

I started to cry. My dad can't be dead. No I'm not accepting that. Nope. I don't trust Shane. Nope. Nope. Nope. I looked at Carl and noticed he was crying to. I hugged him,"don't think about it. You have me, mom..... Shane", I whispered, but said Shane even quieter. We continued to cry in the back seat, watching the scenery flash by out the windows, having no idea where we're going.