Chapter 8

A/N: I'm gonna skip to where the cdc is about to be destructed and stuff like that.

-Chloe's POV-

We were all standing in the main room.
"Jenner, you can't be serious", Dad complained. There was 4 minutes until decontamination and Jenner locked us in.
"Wouldn't you rather die here holding your loved ones. It just takes one second, one millisecond. That all", Jenner replied.  We were all sat in the large room, me and Carl sitting on the floor with mom Carol and Sophia. Jenner turned, looking at a computer screen,"I worked until the last second this is my last diary entry. Decontamination in 4 minutes". Everyone was frantic. Crying, the men charging at Jenner.
"Let us out of here", dad said, getting into Jenners face. Shane charged at him, shot gun in hand.

It took Jenner a while, but he finally unlocked the door. We all ran to the top floor, to realise the doors where locked and the glass was bulletproof. "Rick", Carol started,"I've got something that might help".
"A nail file ain't gonna do shit", Shane said back, Carol just glared.
"The day you got to camp, I found this in your pocket while washing your uniform", she continued and pulled out a grenade. Perfect.

She handed it to dad,"Everybody, get down!", he said, getting ready to pulled the tab off the grenade. Mom quickly huddled over me and Carl. Dad checked to see if everyone was down, then pulled the tab an ran back to get down. BOOM! The grenade exploded.
"Let's go!", Shane shouted. Everyone ran. Ran like their lives depended on it. Wait, never mind.

Shane and dad got down first. Then dad helped me and Carl, while Shane helped mom. Ew Shane. Mom, Carl and I ran to the rv, along with Carol and Sophia right behind. We all covered our heads and dad came over to mom Carl and I. Andrea and Dale jumped down from the massive window. There can't be long to go, the explosion will kill them. "Get down!", Dad yelled to them. They hid behind a hay bale close to them.

A sudden warmth filled the air. We waited a second then looked up. Our safe haven, gone, burnt to a crisp. Taking Jaqui with it.

A/N: I'm really sorry for not updating and I know this is t much but I haven't have the time to do anything. Hope you enjoy,  love y'all 💕💕