Chapter 12

The scent of damp earth and distant pine filled the air as Alexander approached the gate of T'sgitshi. Though all he could physically see was black and grey, every living thing around seemed to outline with different colored lights.

He navigated the town’s outskirts with ease, sensing the auras of small animals scurrying through the underbrush and the gentle hum of plant life.

As he stepped into the town, Alexander paused, feeling the subtle shifts in the auras around him. He turned to see an outline of light blue of someone in armor. The person's aura was flickering like fire.

Then, after a moment, Alexander Noticed another aura approaching from far away. They are just getting closer and closer to T'sgitshi. As it got close enough, it seemed more detailed, and the aura seemed... Different.

The aura glowed faintly and also roared furiously as if two auras were fighting for power. The faint is red, which is odd since red usually has a more aggressive aura. Mixed in, almost overpowering the red is a golden aura.

"Gold...", Alexander thought, "I've never seen such an aura... Even on Lord Kalverk."

As the strange aura walked forward, the light blue aura seemed to grow excited.

“Winston!” the figure called out; their voice sounded low but also high. Like a young man's voice.

Winston’s aura, the source of the strange, flickered in response. “Yep! It's me! I survived,” he replied jokingly.

Alexander stepped forward carefully, “Winston...” he thought.

Then Alexander notices something he didn't from before as Winston picks up a fox that was following beside him. The aura of the two-tailed fox is a softer blue than the fiery one.

Winston smiled as he petted the fox on the head, "This is a friend I met on the way! His name's Buddy!"

The light blue aura seemed to pulsate with excitement as Winston introduced his companion. “Buddy, huh?” as they speak, they seem to be staring at its tails.

Winston smiled and nodded before gesturing towards the light blue aura, "Buddy, this is S'uu. She saved me from being mauled by a bear..."

Buddy pipped concerned as S'uu chuckled.

“So, S’uu,” Winston said, turning his attention to the figure with the light blue aura, “Any news or updates on Z'zataria?”

S’uu’s expression grew thoughtful. "well... Nothing new, however, since you're back... I hope you brought the item we need to save her..."

Alexander’s curiosity was piqued as he observed the interaction between Winston and S’uu. Both their auras are saddened at the mention of this person named Z'zataria.

Winston’s expression grew serious as he responded. “I have the ingredients Elara asked for. It wasn’t easy to gather them, but I did it...”

S’uu’s aura shimmered with relief, though a hint of worry remained. “That’s good to hear. We’ll need to act quickly. Chief Kaigara is getting more anxious.”

Buddy, sensing the gravity of the situation, nuzzled closer to Winston. S’uu’s light blue aura flickered with a gentle warmth as they observed the fox’s comforting gesture. Winston's aura seemed to softly pulse in reaction as well.

“Let’s head to the healer’s hut,” S’uu suggested, their voice steady.

As the group began to move toward the healer’s hut, Alexander tailed them from behind. "They're connected to the chief... Maybe that's the lead I need...", he thought.