Brahm ya Sach

It was morning and time to join duties. After spending two beautiful days, the friends bid goodbye to each other but others kept a secret from Naina. They want her to move on and live rather than dying every day while Naina wants to think more on what Alekh and Huda's mother have said. She will decide after reaching her base as would be alone there. Before leaving, hugged Huda's mother and told her that will let her know about the decision soon. Naina embraced Alekh again and whispered in his ear "Main tujhe bahut jaldi apna decision bata dungi".

Alekh smiled and all left except Huda as will be going in a few hours. Naina drives back to Delhi and tries to not remember her Rajveer Sir but is it possible. That man who lives inside, can feel his touch and love whenever she breathes. From whom always gets her strength when she is weak or a hope when there is no hope or a belief that he is with her and she is not alone.

After reaching Delhi, she gets involved in work as it's the only way not to get lost in pain or yearning for Rajveer. She does not talk to people more than work as they have realised that they always try to know more about relationships with her mentor or what she felt when a brother was declared a traitor or just give a sympathy look. It's like they have already decided what they want to think and just want to have fun from her miseries. So, it's better to be away and only depend on her close friends. She always believed that maybe God showed mercy when these strangers entered into her life and became those friends without them would be lost or more lonely.

A few days has passed and all the friends were busy in their duty. Naina was working in her cabin and got a message from a senior to report to Colonel. She went to his cabin and knocked at the door. The Colonel looked up from the file and asked her to enter.

Naina (saluted) : "Sir, aapne bulaya".

Colonel : "Major Ahluwalia at ease. There is an important project going on for a few years on country based created drones. We have made little progress and are working with a small company to start with fresh minds. We believe they also need a person who has both freshness and experience. So, please meet them and finish this project".

Naina (nodded) : "Sure Sir, they are in which room".

Colonel (smilingly) : "They are not here but in Shimla. You need to be there for six months till the project is completed. So, that we can see the first batch of drones. The file is sensitive and will see it once you reach there. You should attend tomorrow's morning meeting. Is it clear".

Naina (in a loud voice) : "Yes Sir, I will leave in two hours. So, that can reach before night".

The Colonel dismissed her and Naina went to the quarter to pack her stuff. She is going to carry a small bag and the rest will be delivered to her in a few days. Naina sends a message to her parents and friends that going for a temporary posting in Shimla for six months. A car was waiting for her along with a driver in the parking lot. She sat inside holding her transfer orders and the journey started for Shimla. After 8 hours of travel reached the army base at 9 PM tired, so, decided to skip dinner. She fills up the paperwork and gets the keys of her quarter from the staff. Naina inhaled the fresh air from the quarter's window and then went to bed as needed to wake up early in the morning. She had a strange feeling like this place is going to be an important part of her life.

It was morning and Naina was walking fast to reach the meeting room. She was scolding herself for waking up late and not having the time to read the file which was given to her 10 minutes ago. She entered the room without looking around and sat on an empty chair quickly. She missed seeing a pair of eyes glancing at her.

Colonel Sinha (in a loud voice) : "Thanks for all coming here. We are working on an important project for drones as you all are aware it's a secret mission. So, only a few people will have access to data. (He explained the project details and the drone strengths on the projector) Let me introduce you all. (turned at left) He is Lt. Colonel Kumar Verma, Major Naina Singh Ahluwalia, (turned right) Mr. Sujal Grewal and his team member Mr. Vaibhav Bhandari".

When Naina moved her eyes from Lt. Colonel to the front then felt that everything in the room is moving. She gasped, forced herself to breathe and not to faint as was feeling dizzy. She couldn't feel her hands when rubbing them to control her mind which believed what she is seeing a hallucination. She blinked again and again as the person who wanted to be alive for seven years is sitting in front of her. No, it can't be true and was telling herself from a few minutes. She was about to stand, jump and hug him tightly but the Colonel's voice brought her out of thoughts and saw people present in the room who were looking at her. She closed eyes to compose and repeat herself that its a dream. But when open eyes again then find the same man standing on the other side of the table while extending a hand and glancing at her weirdly.

Colonel (in loud voice) : "Major Ahluwalia, are you fine. (Naina nodded) Meet Mystical owner Mr. Sujal Grewal".

Naina stood up to meet his hand for a handshake while another was on the chair of arm as not to fall by this shock and also controlling heartbeats which were running at marathon speed. Her eyes were fixed on his face and not believing his name is Sujal as for her he is Rajveer Sir. Sujal saw her pale face but when met her eyes found that there was a secret, pain and a try to find something. He was not able to remove his hand from her tight grip.

Sujal (smilingly) : "Can I have my hand back, please Major Ahluwalia".

Naina embarrassedly withdrew her hand, looked down and sat back on the chair. She wants to talk to him, to check if he is Rajveer who is just acting to save himself but why he is doing this as has already proved innocent. (peeks at Sujal) Why he is not recognising or is just making fun of her. She wanted to shout at him, if he is doing this to irritate her, didn't he miss her like she did from the last seven years. Her heart sank when thought, if he is not her Rajveer Sir but Sujal. The meeting got over and all left except Naina who was still lost in her thoughts. She came out of her world, rushed out to call Alekh and to tell him whom she just met. She was taking long strides and trying not to collide with people who were in corridors. She didn't hear the Colonel's voice who was calling her as she needed in another meeting. Sujal felt her behaviour very odd and thought that she is also like her friends who were looking at him like they had seen a ghost.

Naina opened her quarter door with trembling hands and closed it quickly. She took out her phone to call Alekh but shaking fingers were not able to hit the button. She exhaled a few breaths to relax and then called Alekh. His number was out of reach and moved fingers in hair frustratingly as wanted to talk to Alekh urgently. She then remembers that he would be training the juniors and be free in the evening. Naina sat on the sofa with a thud, put a file on the table and squeezed eyes as his face was again coming in front of eyes. Her heart was saying he is Rajveer but mind was telling her that he is Sujal. A knock on the door made her open eyes and gulped a glass of water that was on the centre table. She set hair, opened the door and saw Lt. Reddy standing there. He told her that the Colonel is calling her for a meeting. She went with him, attended the meeting but was forcing herself to listen as mind was with Rajveer.

After returning to her room, opened the drone file. She read every line of it as doesn't want to miss any information on Sujal that intelligence has added in the file. Sujal Grewal, elder son of a big business man who is a partner in one of the biggest companies of Shimla 'R&G', Raheja and Grewal. He left the business and family after a personal dispute with them and started his own company 'Mystical' eight years ago.

She read the whole file, the birth of his year, education, business details and his family. He has a family, parents and brother which Rajveer never had. He is younger than Rajveer Sir and everything was telling her that he is not Rajveer but Sujal. She threw the file in room and started sobbing. A hope that became alive after seeing him is dead. He may look like her Rajveer Sir but he is not. She is moving hands on face in frustration as her love won't come back and has to see this Sujal everyday who will burn her soul and heart by reminding her that maybe Rajveer is really dead and will not come back for her

Beh rahi hai teri jaalib
Hi jameen pairon ki
Beh rahi hai teri jaalib
Hi jameen pairon ki

Thak gaye daudate
Thak gaye daudate
Dariyaao ka pichha karate

Haath chhute bhi toh
Rishte nahi chhuta karate
Waqt ki shaakh se
Waqt ki shaakh se lamahe
Nahin tuta karate

Movie : Pinjar