Parchaiyaan

Naina opened the room's door quickly when heard a knock on the door. She tightly hugged Shalini who was both surprised and worried by her behaviour as hasn't seen her like this for some time. In the last seven years, Naina has recovered a lot from the breakdown after Rajveer went missing. But there are few spots that still poke and try to weaken her. Shalini patted her back, broke the hug and now both are sitting on the sofa. Naina's tears were rolling on her cheeks and Shalini gave water from the table. She gulped it down, placed it back on the table and said

Naina (held her hand and whimpered) : "Shalini Mam, maine Sir ko dekha".

Shalini (shockingly said) : "Naina, calm down. Captain nahi ho sakte. (put her other hand on hers) Tumhe koi galti hui hain".

Naina (anxiously) : "Mam, woh Sir hi the. Wohi sakal thi par unhone mujhe nahi pechana. (started sobbing) I was so angry on him as how can he do it as doesn't miss me. Phir unki file padi, unka naam Sujal Grewal hain".

Naina told Shalini how she met him, how controlled herself not to jump and hug him. He was standing so close to her but was not her Rajveer Sir. His details in the file proved that he is Sujal and meeting with her friends. She also told her as for a few seconds thought that God had forgiven her and returned him, her love but the dream got broken when Colonel Sinha introduced him with a different name. Shalini was still digesting the information that Naina had provided a few minutes ago and wanted it to be false.

She also misses him and wants Rajveer back for Naina, cadets and for herself. Naina went inside the room to get his pic that was added in the project file later. When she gave it to Shalini then all hopes were gone as he really looked like Rajveer but he is not him. Naina's crying broke her thoughts and she controlled her emotions. She made her sit and asked to take a deep breath. After a few minutes, Naina stopped crying but was still sweating.

Shalini : "Naina, kya tum usse dubara mili" (Naina nodded with tears and she sighed) Tumne use kuch bola toh nahi...".

Naina (in low voice) : "No, Mam. Kya bolti main usse ki tum.... Rajveer Sir jaise dikhte ho. Jinko main har roz miss karti hu. (in breaking voice) Jab bhi usko dekhti hu toh lagta hain Sir hain. Par uski awaaz aur aakho mae woh care, support aur apanapan nahi dikhta tabh dimag kahta hain ki woh Sujal hain. Mam, bahut mushkil se khud ko rokti hu usko dekhne aur chune kae liye".

Shalini rubbed her back to calm her down.

Naina (with tears) : "Woh Sir kyu nahi hain. I miss him, Mam. I am not able to live like this as his face also reminds me of my mistakes and regrets again and again".

Shalini can understand her pain and helplessness. She cleared her tears and said

Shalini (with moist eyes) : "Naina, woh Captain nahi hain (Naina glanced at her) You are a strong and determined girl who has faced many problems in life. (caressed her cheek) Tum nae apne Bhai ko innocent proof kiya hain aur phir apne mentor ko. Tum iska bhi muqabala karogi mera pura vishwaas hain".

Naina then remembered Rajveer's words "Naina, tum ek din awal darje ki sipahi banogi. Aisa mera tum par vishwaas hain". She felt new energy in her body after remembering Rajveer and listening to Shalini.

Naina (gulped her tears) : "Thanks Mam, I will fight. I can't disappoint my brother, mentor, you and friends. You all have faith in me and I have your support".

Shalini can see shine in her eyes which has replaced despair that can be seen some time ago. She smiled and caressed her head to show support. Naina apologised to Shalini for not letting her rest and started sharing the problems even without asking her well being. Shalini told her not to worry as she is more important than these formalities. She went inside her room to get fresh as it's nearly dinner time while Naina asked a staff member to bring food in her quarter. After dinner, both were sitting on the balcony and Naina shared her friends updates, Alekh and Huda's mother's proposal for Huda.

Shalini (sipped green tea and looked at her) : "Tumne kya socha hain Naina".

Naina (put mug on table and exhaled a breath) : "Mam, mujhe samaj nahi aa raha. Huda mera bahut acha dost hain par mujhe kya haq hain uski life mae dukh bharne ka. I don't love him and maybe also won't in future. He deserves someone who loves and gives him happiness. Main Rajveer Sir ko nahi bhul sakti aur na hi Huda ko as a husband accept kar sakti hu".

Shalini (placed a hand on her shoulder) : "Naina, Huda ek samajhdar insaan hain. Woh tumhe aur tumhare Rajveer Sir kae rishte ko bhi jaanta hain. He loves you and won't force anything. Kuch time uske saath bitao, shayad tum usko apna lo".

Naina (glanced at her) : "Aur nahi apna pai toh".

Shalini : "Apna liya toh (Naina moved eyes in front) Tumne apne dil ko ek jagah band kar diya hain. Tum pehle sirf apne Bhai aur family kae liye jee rahi thi aur Captain kae baad tum sirf saas lae rahi ho. Ek koshish toh karo verna tum aise nahi jee paogi, dard aur pachatwaha sirf andhera deta hain. Agar ujala dikh raha hain toh uski taraf kadam barao. Ateet ki parchiyao mae jeete nahi hain bas khud ko jinda rakhte hain. You also have a right to live, try new things and be happy. Ye main experience se bol rahi hu".

Naina was thinking maybe she should give it a try as he is Huda who knows her and about her feelings for Rajveer Sir. He will wait and respect her decision.

Naina : "Thanks Mam. I will talk to Huda and then let him decide, if he also wants to do it or not".

Shalini (smiled) : "Thanks Naina. Huda toh ek min mae maan jaayega".

Naina and Shalini started laughing as knows that he has been waiting for this for years and won't say no to it, even in dreams.

Sujal was laying in bed and was thinking about the discussion he had with his mother. Is she right that he should move on and look for a partner who understands him but is there any girl like this who will accept his past. He doesn't feel the same as what he used for her but will give a place in his heart to someone. He closed eyes as it's not easy to move on, what if he also hurts a new person or she leaves him like her. He opened eyes and sat on the bed suddenly as remembered Naina's eyes. He asked himself why he thought of Naina as there is no relation between them. She tries to stay away and doesn't even talk to him. There is something in her eyes that attracts him like she is looking for something. She is hiding her pain and problems and thinks that is doing a great job but if anyone meets her eyes then see it clearly. Why can he feel her pain or try to find what she is hiding.

Why this girl is making him know her, take her pain or to ask why she is living like him as a person who only takes breath but has a hollowness inside which never fills. He also feels that the weight of the burden she carries is heavier and more brutal than his or there is more than one burden which is hurting her soul. Is she that person who he wished for in Lohri, do God listen to him

Pakhi pakhi pardesi
Pakhi pakhi pardesi
Pakhi pakhi pardesi

Tu to nahin hai lekin
Teri muskuraahat hai
Chehra kahin nahin hai par
Teri aahatein hai
Tu hai kahan kahan hai
Tera nishaan kahan hai
Mera jahan kahan hai
Main adhooraa, tu adhoori ji rahi hai

Aye ajnabi tu bhi kabhi
Awaaz de kahin se
Aye ajnabi tu bhi kabhi
Awaaz de kahin se
Main yahan tukdon mein ji raha hoon
Tu kahin tukdon mein ji rahi hai
Aye ajnabi tu bhi kabhi
Awaaz de kahin se
Aye ajnabi tu bhi kabhi
Awaaz de kahin se

Movie : Dil Se