EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

Author Note: I , by no means, condone any violence against anyone. But I have read some crazy stories of late about celebrity stalkers, and I am lover of true crime dramas (my ONLY vice) plus I am tad dramatic. A bad mix for some....

So this story is entirely fictional (thank goodness) and where my mind went when I thought about all the things Taylor has to do to ensure her safety. We take it for granted that we can just lock our doors, set the alarm, and feel safe. I can't imagine having to look over your shoulder all day, every day...warning: there is some very uncomfortable moments in this story. 

So here we go.....

Travis' POV

Practice was over. The day had drug on way longer than I wanted to. Its early December, the weather in Kansas City could be brutal, but the cold had been a welcome relief from the scorching temperatures of the summer. We were in the play off hunt, games were going well, my numbers were up from last year, and my aging body was holding up to the pressure of it all. I was focused on how to manage keeping my physical shape, but also my mental focus was getting sharper and sharper. I smiled and softly chuckled at the thought. Tay had everything to do with my added focus. Her presence in my life was like a guiding light. She helped ground me like no one else, not even Jason. Heck who knows where I would have been if I had met Tay in college. It was a thought that crossed my mind sometimes...what if? A dangerous game to play...the "what if" game.

The Eras tour had ended. Tay announced Reputation TV – a double album with 10 new vault tracks. She explained to me long ago the "negotiations" that came with any new album about which songs to publish and which ones are held back. Some in her inner circle, including her ex-boyfriend Joe, thought some of the songs were "too confrontational," "too aggressive." But when Tay had me listen to them, I was blown away. They were harsh, they were in your face, they were aggressive. She had done a co-lab with Metallica, and it was hard rock...it was just awesome. She told me she was releasing it all. The album she REALLY wanted to put out back then. In her words, "I want to burn it all to the ground." And burn it she did. It was the ultimate fuck up to all her haters...all the people who caged her as she raged at the world. I couldn't have been prouder of my girl for doing it.

Immediately after the tour was over Taylor also announced she was going to be taking a hiatus to focus on the next "era" of her life. I knew exactly what she was referring to. Our plan. Wedding was first, but not until after the season...then we would start our family...although if we started our family before the wedding that was okay too. We had stopped really worrying about Taylor getting pregnant at this point, so whatever happened was going to happen. I secretly thought Tay was hoping it happened sooner than later given her recently comments about redoing the bedroom across from ours..." just in case."

My phone rang, a familiar ringtone, for my friend Ross. We chatted for 10 minutes, and I decided to run by his house which wasn't far away to pick him up so we could work on a few plays at my house. Ross was a frequent visitor, heck we seemed to always have guests at our house, but it made the place feel more like a home.

I texted Tay to let her know I was going to meet up with Ross and we would be back at the house in 20 minutes. After chatting a bit inside Ross' house, we got in my car to go back to house. I check my phone to see if Tay responded. No response, not even a read receipt, which was odd. She probably is working on new music and just hadn't seen it yet, I think, as I started the car and pulled out of Ross' driveway. We ride for 10 minutes on the highway. My ears are tuned into the ping notification that I am waiting from Tay....still nothing, still my mind thinks nothing of it. Another 5 minutes goes by...we are only 10 minutes away from the house...I look at my phone again. The text I sent before I went to Ross' place is still unread.