You're Never Going To Believe This

Monday morning and I got the rudest awakening. Maria jumping on my bed screaming at me to get up. I took a glance at the clock, it was 6:00am. I don't need to be awake this early. "GO AWAY!" I yelled at her.

She just laughed, "You have to get up and make yourself pretty, remember?"

I groaned, ah crap. Well, at least I'm gaining something out of this.

I went straight to my bathroom and splashed water onto my face. Maria left me to do my thing and get herself ready. I decided on crimping my long hair and going for simple makeup with dark eyes and nude lips.

For my clothes I went with a pair of high-waisted black jeans with a few rips in at the knees. A floral tank top tucked in and a long necklace with an owl at the end. I debated a cardigan but decided against it at the last second. For my shoes I grabbed a pair of my sister's black heels and met her at the front door.

She saw me and squealed with delight, "this is going to be the best day ever."

I rolled my eyes and we went out to the car together. She drove this morning and I played on my phone. When we arrived and got out of the car I was too into playing Tetris that I didn't bother looking up. I knew everyone was watching us already.

I walked into the school flawlessly with Maria following me closely and giggling like a little school girl would.

I finished my game - by losing horribly, I can't really walk and play at the same time - and slid my phone into my back pocket of my jeans. These jeans were a bad idea but its only for one day.

I have to keep reminding myself this is only for one day.

"Well congratulations," came a sneer to my left. "You win," it was Mandi. She looked more than pissed. "You look exactly the same now. If it wasn't for your hair colour I wouldn't be able to tell you apart."

She turned and started to walk away but I stopped her, "wait." She turned and glared at me but before she could make some stupid comment again I spoke up, "on Wednesday you have to change everyone's point of view on how the cheer squad views me to make me a good person."

"You're changing our bet?" She asked in dissbelief.

I rolled my eyes, "yes because I don't want you to quit the cheer squad. I know what it's like to love something so much you never want to quit. And to be honest, you're very good at it too. This team needs more cheerleaders like you."

Her jaw dropped in dissbelief at this and she almost said thank you, I could see it in her face. But it never came from her mouth because she nodded once and turned around to stomp off in the other direction.

I felt a hand come down onto my shoulder and I smiled up at my sister. She was happy, I was happy -and more than uncomfortable in these jeans.

But it was only for today.