Chapter .2 🥀

A/n- Y/n+Ena moodboard

A/n- Y/n+Ena moodboard ♡

~~~~

The sound of rain patters against the glass sliding ever so smoothly as I trace it.

A week. That was all I was given. If under different pretenses I would be happy but no! I know this world like the palm of my hand when it comes to major events and the week after this..

Is that of his Majesty's Garden Party! Of course that just makes perfect sense for his strategic creepy Majesty.

Send the new courtesan that was nothing but that of a lowly concubine of the verdigris to the den of wolves on the day he displays his precious caged flowers.

Im not sure of my role in this universe but if I know one thing.

Im not going back to my world. This that of a dream is in my hands and im holding tight to it.

I'll deal with the drag of it all.

Praying the lies I've spread will hopefully come true.

"Have you heard, apparently these are the final days for the burning courtesan."

"Damn really." The man drinks more slouching against the wall.

"Pfft I don't get why your so concerned you nor me never had enough money for her anyways."

"Yea but still man.." The other steps closer and speaks lower.

"I hear ____ is planning another deranged tactic and I guess the Flame of the Verdigris is involved, no wonder she's-"

"Hey!! What did I say about loitering for free!!" The madam shouts hitting the men with a broom as they scurry away.

"Jeez Lady !! We're going !!"

I open my windowsill wider as my kiseru drops to the floor. I stumble back and trip, falling straight on my bottom.

Just what... happened- I heard them clear as day..

Just why was the name of whoever he spoke of blurred out and in blank as if he paused-

I feel my chest tighten and my head start to spin. Gripping the table I slide up and go over to the bed falling back on it.

Staring up at the red marking of the bedpost, I count them to calm down.

Being in this body, I had become accustomed to the habits of Ena. But one thing I despise and can't control.

Are her panic attacks, why she has them ? That im not sure. I don't care to know.

I've made plenty of observations in this world. But the most important have been of two.

One. Whenever someone speaks and it doesn't matter who, their words show up as subtitles above their head.

Two. This observation is new. Just found out seconds ago, literally.

Whenever a subtitle shows up it must show up if not it is then blurred and that goes for when I hear it to.

Thus I think a system runs this world, and depending who is brought as a user, such as me, spoilers must be blurred so users won't get any hints.

...they think they can code around me.

I figured it was only on my end, when I first came into this world the women talked, it was a brothel after all.

But every once in a while their words were blurred and or had holes in between their sentences. Now I know it was not just my imagination.

I refuse to be a pawn for anyone besides Mao Mao !!

I guess this drag of an invitation to the inner court was not just a coincidence.

Someone planned to buy me prior but his Majesty diffused it.

They said tactics meaning this man must be a strategist- I can think of a number of men but this is a show.

And in this show. Loumen, Mao Mao's father is the only main one that come to mind.

But it can't be him. He can't diffuse faces meaning he has no idea of mine and we have never interacted.

Nor is Ena an official character so she can't play a major or even minor role for Loumen to act directly.

So he is marked out, for now.

I sigh and look up counting the red markings.

Ena made those from her first till the last night from entering the verdigris.

It all stopped when I entered her body. I would continue them.. But not knowing the depth of what they really symbolized to her would feel wrong in a sense.

Just what was she waiting for.

What was she praying for.

That of a saviour, maybe love,freedom.

If none of those were it. I'm fine with that, less wondering how she truly was behind these curtains.

She probably had no passion, no desire. The will to do anything must have been non existent.

That means we're more alike than whoever brought us here could have thought.

They can all judge me if they want But I do not care. I have never ever been happier.

~~~~

ILYSMMM FOR THE COMMENTS AGHHHH 🫶🏾🫶🏾