Kamaile 🌱 Finale Part 15

Wainiha

"Ae Pa" Kililau answered his father, before heading up the pathway to the pond. He had agreed to help at the lo'i, where the chief would be later to check on the progress of the field. Just as he was about to enter the field, he spotted Alohi descending the path toward the entry.

Lo'ī Fields fronting Kamaile

"Alohi!" He called out to her, she turned and made her way toward him. "Where are you going?" Kili asked her, he started to get worried.
"I was coming to find you." Alohi replied. "I don't have much time, Tutu is only in town to grab provisions." She explained before continuing on with her story. The two hadn't noticed eyes surrounding them, transfixed on their exchange. His uncle Lono, the guys from his station, as well as colleagues of his father's. Kililau was listening to Alohi as she talked, they had seemed more than just acquaintances but close friends. "I leave by the end of the week" Alohi breathed, her voice catching, eyes pooling with tears. "I don't want to leave you." She finally confessed.

But with that confession, they were clearly more than just friends.

A throat cleared. It wasn't Lono's.

As Kili's head turned to see where that sound came from, he also noticed the crowd that had formed.

Chief Ha'ikū stood, perplexed. His son was not there working the field as he was sent there to, but he was deep in convo, with a girl, who just a month before was a guest in their home. A girl, Kililau had insisted was just a friend.

"Father" he sighed. Alohi was startled. But, she stood there, her head high, trying to keep her composure. "E kalamai iā'u" she mumbled. An attempt at an apology, asking the chief to excuse her. Before, running back up the trail to her home, Kamaile.

"Wait, Alohi!" Kili called after her.

"Let her go!" Ha'ikū shouted.

He was furious with his son. Kili almost ran after her, but knew instinctively that he'd be murdered on the spot by his father if he did so.

Alohi frantically made her way up the path, not noticing who else had been in attendance.

"Oh Alohi" a voice sounded behind her, it was Tutu Hali'i. Alohi jumped once again, "Tutu". She sighed, stopping in her tracks. "What are you doing down here?" She continued asking. Alohi couldn't speak. She had been too afraid for this moment, getting caught, she was speechless.

As Alohi stood shakily facing Tutu Hali'i, Kililau was also facing his father in a similar situation.

"I keep giving you chance after chance and each time you disappoint me!" Ha'ikū shouted. He was furious and everyone surrounding them had never seen the chief that angry. They all hurried back to work, as Lono ushered his cousin and nephew into a quiet area.

"You are grounded for life and I'll be following you wherever you go!" The chief announced.

Kili was spent, and honestly he just gave up, nothing he did was good enough for his father.

Kili turned and from the corner of his eye, he noticed Alohi and Tutu Hali'i's confrontation at the entrance of Kamaile.

He was so worried that he started running toward them. The chief watched in disbelief as his son once again defied his order. Running after him, Ha'ikū noticed where he was going and why.

"I need to talk to you" Kili called after Alohi. "I think the time for you both to talk, has come to an end" tutu Hali'i replied. "E kalamai Tutu" he sighed, not wanting to be disrespectful, after all she had been his mom's caregiver for years. " I know Kililau but she also knows of her kuleana and that's what she needs to focus on before she leaves us." Tutu Hali'i explained.

Tutu Hali'i waved her hand and everyone around her froze, except Alohi.

"Alohi your father had specific instructions for you and you have disobeyed them." She announced.

"I didn't mean to, Tutu. I just wanted to pass on a message to Kililau." She explained.

"This, you and Kililau ends right now and I won't tell your dad." Tutu Hali'i announced

"But Tutu, I care for him, I may have feelings for him." She declared.

"You are young, you do not know of your feelings Kealohi."

"But I do" Alohi cried. She was desperate now.

She unfroze them.

"Yes I care for her too." Kililau announced

Leaving Both his father and Tutu Hali'i in shock, hugging Alohi, the two stood before them now.

"I forbid it" Chief Ha'ikū shouted.

"And I do too." Tutu agreed.

Alohi wished for this moment to disappear so she and Kililau could be together.

"E kalamai Tutu but I care for him and I want to be with him." Alohi begged

She was being honest with Tutu about her feelings, even though she was shaking and the most scared she'd ever been, she knew if she didn't do anything now, she'd leave Kamaile and never return.

Alohi honestly didn't know how this situation would even work out, between her and Kililau, they were both from opposite ends of the island but maybe just maybe there could be a solution.

Tutu Hali'i had no other choice, she wove her hand once again to enclose Alohi and herself in a bubble, but as she did Kililau embraced Alohi and also entered the bubble.

Chief Ha'ikū could no longer see them, Lono and his men also had no idea where the three had gone.

The magic that Tutu Hali'i had learned as a teen by her Tutu was a long standing secret in their Ohana. A secret Chief Ho'omana had wanted her to teach Alohi but instinctively decided that she was not ready. Her heart and mind were not focused on the right things.

"This is why your father decided to send you home" Tutu Hali'i explained.

"He knew you were not ready to learn of our old ways" she continued.

Kililau had many questions that he'd wanted Alohi to answer, but now knew that she wasn't the one who could answer them.

For she hadn't learned them for herself.

He now understood why this parcel of land remained in their Ohana and was "off limits" to them. Kamaile was a place of magic.

"Tutu please" Alohi begged.

But Tutu could no longer listen, they had exposed their secret to a non member of their Ohana.

She waved her hand toward Alohi but Kililau rushed toward her, as he did so, he turned into a bird.

Alohi gasped and cried trying to catch Kililau in her hands.

Tutu Hali'i removed the bubble and entrapped Alohi into the mountain, a veil covering keeping the outside world from seeing in but Alohi could see out.

Kililau flew up and away.

Tutu Hali'i wiped everyone's memories, including Chief Ha'ikū and Chief Ho'omana.

For the time being, Kealohilani and Kililau would not exist in their world.

She would figure out what to do in the meantime, as a curse this deep had only one sure fire way of being broken.

And that secret had never been discovered before, it had never been used before and it was the only way to break the curse.  Tutu was the only person who held the key to this secret. She was also the very one that set this in motion.

At least one member of their immediate family has to utter their name into existence and the curse would break.