4.3

Jae-I had finally came out and told Suyin how she felt that the person threatening her wouldn't stop and would expose her in just a few minutes.

Suyin's parents decided that Suyin and Jae-I would stay at a vacation house however long they liked until they felt safe to go to school again.

They walked along the beach, took a tan, and walked through the forests, calming their minds.

They were just coming from a walk and spot the infamous Kang Ha by the house door.

"Suyin. Jae-I." Ha stood up and observed their figures, dressed in long sleeves and skirts that reached the floor.

" Ha stood up and observed their figures, dressed in long sleeves and skirts that reached the floor

(Suyin wore something like this with flip flops)

"What are you doing here?" Jae-I spoke up.

Ha didn't answer and not feeling to stand for so long, Suyin opened the door and went in first, followed by Jae-I and Ha.

"I was worried." Ha explained as they reached the pool. "I couldn't reach either of you and you weren't at school."

Suyin sat in the pool chair, rubbing her heels that felt sore from the long walking.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ha looked at Suyin who looked away. "Tell me what's going on. Tell me what I can do to help."

Jae-I stopped her walking to the pool and looked at Ha. "Go. You can't help with anything."

"No, I can help." Ha sounded determined. "Whatever it is, it's better than going through it alone."

"Then why would I be here?" Suyin stood beside Jae-I.

"That doesn't count." Ha frowned, knwoing both had their own struggles.

Then they went on. Ha felt hurt that they were pushing him away, Jae-I felt deja-vu from a certain scholarship student and Suyin just wanted the place to be in absolute silence.

"What could you possibly be blackmailed over?" Ha looked between the two.

"We killed someone." Jae-I admitted, eyes welling with tears.

Ha stood silent at the confession.

"You killed someone?" Ha looked at Jae-I and back at Suyin. "Who?"

"A scholarship kid. Kang In-han." Jae-I looked down.

Suyin just took off her glasses and covered her mouth, starting to cry silently. Ha took it as a sign that they both killed In-han.

"He was....my brother." Ha felt a block in his throat.

Jae-I and Suyin looked slightly shocked both had a feeling but it wasn't confirmed.

"The person you just admitted killing...was my brother." Ha's eyes were tinted red.

A tear fell from Jae-I's eye while a choked sob came from Suyin.

Blood. Blood everywhere. Dripping down onto the pavement. Dead eyes staring into the headlight of the car. Suyin who had just finished throwing up in an alleyway looked at the person who committed the murder and hid.

Suyin covered her ears as the dripping sound of blood echoed over and over again. She didn't even know when Ri-an came in to fight Ha, she only heard and saw it over and over again.

The car hitting the body, the sound it made as it crashed onto the pavement.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Then it was all black.

Again.

"Stop! Please I just....I want you to stop." Jae-I dropped to a sit and stared at Suyin's passed out form across from her.

Ri-an came and blocked her from seeing, hugging her close to him as he blamed himself for not being there sooner.

Ha wiped his nose, looking at the rain drops on his hand and walked over to Suyin's body, staring down at her peaceful face. Why, Suyin? You're supposed to be all-knowing.

~~

Kang Ha sat across Ms. Han in the meeting room.

"Go ahead, Ms. Han." The principal mitioned for the teacher.

Ms. Han tapped a folder. "With your current grades, Hanguk High School has agreed to give you full scholarship and monitary support until graduation." At Daehan High School students who graduate at the top of their class get complete college tuition."

"A school scholarship." Ha looked through one of the pamphlets. "Sorry, but I already have all these perks. Graduating top of the class here has more benefits. I worked my butt off to come to Jooshin."

"Kang Ha, the school cannot stand by and allow one singie student to disruot the study environment." The principal spoke up. "Our duty is to look after the mental health of our students. A duty we take quite seriously."

"And in what way am I negatively affecting their mental health, exactly?"

The principal scoffed. "Everytime they look at you, the won't be able to see anything else but In-han."

We're fraternal but good. Let them fear me. Ha barely paid attention to her words.

"Bringing up In-han is taboo." The principal looked away.

Ha scoffed. "'Trauma'? 'Taboo'?"

"If you won't transfer, we'll expel you. It would be easy to justify." The principal brought her plan forward. "Scholarship students are outsiders here at Jooshin. So getting rid of one outsider....Well, no one would bat an eye." She leaned back in her seat. "The choice is yours. Transfer or expulsion."

Ha looked at her and Ms. Han before chuckling at the audacity. "I don't want either. You see, I'm gonna prove muself by being the first to gaduate with top grades as a scholarship recipient. And I'll show these guys what is truly fair and prove that their not special. And I'll show them what's right and wrong." He leaned back in his chair. "Someone has to. Because not a single adukt here is teaching them that."

It stroke a chord. "Kang Ha." Ms. Han said in a warning tone.

"Scholarship student Kang Ha of Class Two, Year Two. Please process his expulsion Ms. Han." The rpincipal looked at the young woman who seemed nervous. "The reasoning? A disruotive student who threatens the school's well-being."

"Try it." Ha dared them, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone to show it had been recording, leaving the two shocked. Ha replayed the recording at a certain point.

"It would be easy to justify. Scholarship students are outsiders here at Jooshin. So getting rid of one outsider....Well, no one would bat an eye."

"If you can. I mean." Ha's eyes seemed to dare them to try and take the phone from the table.