16| Crush

Author pov:

After Naomi's mom asked her about her boyfriend she had to tell her everything from Start to end.

She was worried for her daughter but after talking to Damon she was happy that her daughter had someone to look after her.

She really loved Damon for her daughter as he spoke very proudly about Naomi and their relationship.

Amelia really wanted to meet Damon but due to her being confined to a wheelchair she couldn't think of it.

But Damon reassured that they will come to meet her soon. Amelia felt at peace that finally her daughter is happy. After they spoke for an hour they had lunch.

This was there daily routine. Morning Damon makes breakfast and takes care of Naomi then leaves for office. Then she makes lunch and sends it to his office.

She started to focus on her paintings as all day Damon is at work and she doesn't have anything to do.

As she was doing her anatomy sketches she remembered that in a week it's her best friend's birthday.

"How can I forget such a big day. Gotta buy something nice for her" she spoke to herself.

She thought for sometime for a present then an idea struck her. She smirked at what she is gonna gift Nat for birthday.

Damon was hell busy in his office work as he got information that someone is trying to mess with his business.

Suddenly the door opens revealing Ben barging in without knocking. Damon rolled his eyes at his best friend's usual behaviour.

Ben threw an envelope on his desk making Damon frown looking at it.

"What's in it?"

"I got this in the morning and thought it was from one of our client's invitations but when I opened it, I ran straight to you"

Damon took the envelope and slowly pulled the stack of paper elements from them. His eyes widened as he saw those pictures.

"How the hell did this happen, I said to do it carefully without anyone knowing then how these pictures came out?"

Damon banged the desk with his hands fisted, red eyes which could burn any person looking at them.

"I am investigating it as soon as I got them. I will get to the bottom of these"

He ran his hands through his hair frustrating at the situation getting out of control. "Do whatever you need to but this matter can't go out at any cost"

It was 10 pm till he finished his work and realised he was late.

He rushed his way back to his penthouse to his home, his Naomi

He opened the door only to be met with silence. He called her name but there was no response.

He started to get panicked and ran towards their bedroom only to find it empty. He then checked all other rooms but only to be disappointed.

Then he remembered the kitchen. He ran towards the kitchen only to be shocked by the scene in front.

There was Naomi sleeping like a baby on the chairs which she joined to form a bed beside the table.

He released a sign and chuckled at her antics. But got worried at the state she was sleeping in.

He walked towards her and lifted her in his arms. She opened her eyes a little sensing a movement around her. Once she recognised it was her boyfriend she closed her eyes again and stretched her hands around his neck, keeping her head on his shoulder.