Chapter 9: New Beginnings

Months passed since the day Lucy left her own wedding and chose to be with Tim. Their relationship had grown stronger, built on trust, understanding, and a shared commitment to face life's challenges together. They navigated the initial awkwardness at work, answered their colleagues' questions with honesty, and slowly, the precinct accepted their relationship.

Today was a big day. Lucy was moving in with Tim and their dog, Kojo. The decision had come naturally as they spent more and more time together, finding comfort and joy in each other's company. The moving truck pulled up to Tim's house, and Lucy hopped out, her eyes shining with excitement. Tim and Kojo were waiting for her, Tim with a wide smile and Kojo wagging his tail enthusiastically.

"Hey," Lucy called out, waving as she approached the house.

"Hey yourself," Tim replied, walking up to her and giving her a quick kiss. "Ready to make this official?"

"Absolutely," she grinned. "Let's get started."

They worked together, unloading boxes and carrying them into the house. Lucy had insisted on doing most of the packing herself, so she knew exactly where everything was and how she wanted to organize it. Tim admired her efficiency and determination, lending his strength to lift the heavier items.

As they brought in the last box, Tim wiped his brow and looked around. "That's the last of it. How are you feeling?"

Lucy took a deep breath, looking around the living room now filled with her belongings. "I feel... really good. This feels right, Tim. I can't wait to make this place our home."

Tim smiled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Me too. I'm glad you're here, Lucy. It's going to be great."

They spent the afternoon unpacking, with Kojo happily trotting around, occasionally sniffing new items and wagging his tail at the activity. Lucy found a spot for her favorite books on the shelves, arranged her clothes in the closet next to Tim's, and added personal touches to the living room and kitchen.

As evening approached, they decided to take a break. Tim ordered their favorite pizza, and they settled on the couch, enjoying the familiarity and comfort of their routine.

"This is nice," Lucy said, leaning against Tim as they ate. "It already feels like home."

Tim kissed the top of her head. "That's because it is home, Lucy. Our home."

They finished their meal and spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Lucy organized a few more things while Tim played with Kojo, tossing a ball and laughing as the dog eagerly fetched it.