chapter fifteen

Ana’s P.O.V.
I couldn’t sleep last night; all I could think of was Javier lips on mine.

AND I JUST HAD TO RUIN THE MOMENT.

I'm currently walking in the hallway and everyone is talking about… to be honest I don’t know.

“hi” I meet Isabel at her locker. “hi” she smiles back.

“Do you have any idea on what everyone is talking about” I ask her and she gapes at me.

“DO YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK” she screams and couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

“ON SATURDAY IS JAVIERS BIRTHDAY AND PEOPLE ARE DYING TO GET INVITED FOR HIS PARTY” she yells and people passing by glare at her.

How could I Have forgotten his birthday.

I need to totally forget about being invited because this is going to be the party of the year and guess what, I'm gonna miss it.

“ANA, you ok; you kinda spaced out” Isabel snaps me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, yeah sorry about that” I apologize and grab her hand; heading over to our first class, English.

“YesterdayAidénalmostkissedmeandJavierkissedmeandhewasaboutkissingmeagainbutiruinedthemomentandtoldhimthatAidénalmostkissedme,nowithinkhe’smadatme” I say in one breath.

“Is he a good kisser” Isabel’s face is glowing.

I can’t believe she just asked me that.

And to answer her question, yes, yes he is, probably the best.

“Let’s just get into class in one piece” I push her into the class.

“Everybody! settle down” the teacher steps in and the noise dies down.

“The poems you all submitted was exceptional but one special one stood out to me; it was Aidén’s poem. Aidén, would you like to read it out” she calls on Aidén and he s̶t̶r̶i̶d̶e̶s walks over to the front of the class.

“Here you go” the teacher gives his poem.

“Don’t need it” he drops it on her desk and begins.

“Two hearts bound by love’s sweet refrain,
Each beating a secret, silent pain,
She stands at the crossroads of desire,
A choice that sets two souls afire.
In silent nights, my pen does weep,
For love that’s buried, buried deep,
Another’s heart, it beats for her,
As mine does too, in love’s cruel blur.
So, dear one, though choice may sting,
Love is a bird with two hearts’ wing.
Whichever path you choose to tread,
Know love is the bond that binds us, unwed.”
He finishes and looks directly at me while all the girls are applauding, screaming and cheering like crazed people.

“He’s definitely talking about me” Camilla said that with so much pride and confidence.

I'm still puzzled, what did he mean by ‘Another’s heart, it beats for her’

“He was definitely talking about you” Isabel whisper yells at me and starts getting jittery.

“No, he wasn’t” Camilla opposed surprisingly hearing what Isabel said.

“What makes you think that” Isabel snaps at her blatantly not minding her business.

“People like you, especially Ana are useless, you guys have no purpose in this world only existing because of a failed abortion-”

“The poem was about Ana” Aidén interrupts Camilla, his voice a mere whisper and she looks pissed.

Javier’s P.O.V.
School’s over and Mason and I are heading over to Luka’s house, his leg has finally healed.

His mum welcome’s us to his house with a warm hug.

“Darlings, take a seat, do you want muffins, fresh out of the oven” she offers and Mason quickly accepts while I kindly decline, I don’t have a sweet tooth.

“You could’ve given me yours” Mason mutters the moment Luka’s mum leaves to call Luka for us.

“He can be so rude at times, he told me to tell you guys to meet him in his gaming room” his mum hands Mason another muffin and we head over to Luka’s gaming room.

“Hey man” Mason plops down next to Luka while I take a seat on his gaming chair.

“What plans do you have for your birthday, you know it’s going to be THE PARTY OF THE YEAR” Luka yells the last part for no good reason.

“To be honest I really don’t know” I answer truthfully.

“You can’t be serious” Mason gapes.
“What do you suggest?” I ask them trying not to lose interest.

“The theme could be Hollywood glamour, guests could dress as their favorite celebrities, you could include a DJ or a live band” Mason suggests.

I'm not to sure about that, so we’re technically playing dress up for my seventeenth party.

“Or the theme could be a masquerade ball” Luka suggests.

“Isn’t that a bit too fancy” Mason says distastefully.

“I think I'm into it” I agree with Luka,
“WE ONLY HAVE ONE DAY TO FULLY PREPARE” Mason starts pacing around the room.

“My parents are still mad at me so they said that my budget was one hundred thousand dollars” I groan and Luka gapes at me.

“HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH” Luka throws his controller at me, he’s so lucky I caught it.

“A banquet hall is about thirty thousand dollars and even then, Luka spent over two grand for drinks at the party you hosted to break up with Ana” Mason’s voice is hushed for no good reason.

“Let’s sort this out now, we’ll be spending thirty thousand dollars on the venue, ten thousand on decoration, twenty-five thousand on catering, fifteen thousand on a DJ, we have twenty grand left; am I missing anything” I'm just noticing how serious I sounded.

“How many people does the banquet hall accommodate” Mason asks.

“The one I'm currently checking is about one hundred people” I answer him and book for Saturday evening at four pm.

“I'm calling my mum to tell her about our plans and ask her to send me the money.” I walk out and start calling her.

I tell her about everything and she sounds delighted.

“I'm only going to send you the money on one condition, you allow Aidén to invite ten of his friends, including himself” WTF does she mean by that.

It’s my bloody party!

“Javier, are you there!?”

“Yes, he can invite his own friends, now send me the money.” I end the call not wanting to hear her irritating voice again.

A.N. sorry for the late update, been having major writers block and I've started writing a new book 🎉