Chapter twelve

Ana’s P.O.V.
“You won’t believe what happened during Physics class today” Isabel says as she takes a bite from her sandwich.
“There’s this new girl- wait, just for you to know Valerie has a huge crush on my brother- anyways, the girl’s name is Mia and she’s been tryna hook up with Mason and when Valerie found out she instantly did some research on Mia and posted a video of Mia grinding on two guys” Isabel said in one breath and my jaw drops.

“But does Mason like Mia back?” I ask and she starts laughing like the crazed girl she’s known to be.

“He’s not into Russians” she says in-between laughs.

Everyone’s phone in the cafeteria buzzes including mine and I see there’s been a video sent to me, I play it and instantly regret it.

It’s a video a video of Jayden making out with that girl at the party and I look up and see Isabel’s reaction, her jaw’s dropped and tears are at the brim of her eyes.

“That’s… Mia” her voice is a mere whisper.

Isabel gets up and walks away, I let her be, she needs time to herself.
Camilla and Valerie laughing through the whispers of the cafeteria, just pisses me off to the brim.

I spent the rest of the day doing that unreasonable Chemistry assignment at Aidén’s house and now I'm back home with absolutely nothing to do.

I'm so bored, my parents went on date night and I’ve completed all my homework, so I have nothing better to do than scroll through Instagram.

It’s dusk, so I decide to take a walk.

The sky is painted pink and orange while the remains of the day fade away; I love this time of the day; it always calms me down.

As I reached a more secluded part of the path, I notice a shadow- I think I'm going crazy.

A hand suddenly clamps over my mouth, and I'm roughly shoved against a wall.

I scream but my voice is muffled in his hand.

“No one can hear you” he growled, his disgusting breath hot against my ear.

I struggle against his grip of iron but fail and then he kisses my neck slowly, making me hate my body.

I bite his palm and his head snaps at me with a warning glare.

“LET HER GO” I hear a voice I couldn’t quite pin point.

He lets go of me and I turn and see who yelled, it was LUKA?!!?!?

“You're in over your head, kid” The man’s gruff voice sends a terrible chill down my spine.

Before either of us could register anything that was going on, he brings a gun out of his pocket and presses it on my forehead, the cold metal on my forehead makes me shake vibrate.

“MOVE!” he yells and I stumble back, he surprisingly pushes me away and points the gun at Luka.

I'm scared to death right now and I feel like everything is going in slomo, he pulls the trigger at Luka and the deafening sound makes everywhere goes black.

Javier’s P.O.V.
I just got a call from Mason that Luka and Ana are in the hospital and I make a swift curve from the path to school and head over to the hospital.

“How is he” I rush over and meet Mason and he looks really stressed.
“He isn’t doing too well; he lost a lot of blood” He says as we walk into the hospital “HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN” anger floods through me and Mason’s expression remains the same while others cower away.

“I think you should see him yourself” Mason starts walking to Luka’s room and I follow.

“You can’t see him right now” the nurse stops Mason but when she sees me, she flicks her hair back, pushes her chest out and winks at me, such a slut.

“I think I can make an exception” she licks her lips and purrs while we completely ignore her and walk in.
Luka is at the middle of the room in a hospital gown and a blood bag hanging next to him.

“Am I in heaven” Luka’s voice is barely a mere whisper and Mason snickers; I elbow him to shut up.
“How the hell did you end up in the hospital” I ask getting straight to the point.

“I was playing tag with bullets and lost” he speaks like it’s no big deal and Mason bursts into a fit of laughter while I just stand there shocked.

“How is Ana doing?” Luka asks, still sounding so weak.

Ana’s P.O.V.
My head is spinning.

I try to open my unexplainably heavy eyes but shut it because of the blinding lights.

“She’s awake!” I hear Isabel yell and a few people rush into wherever I am.
I can’t see them but I could hear their voices, my mum, Isabel, Javier and AIDÉN?!!?!?! What is Aidén doing here?

“You all aren’t meant to be here” I hear an unknown female voice. “But considering you're here, I can make an exception again” she says.

I finally open my eyes and let my eyes adjust into the new scenery, I'm wearing a hospital gown, Aidén, Javier, Mason, my mum and Isabel are all staring at me and I become incredibly self-conscious.

Isabel tears up and gives me a hug.
“What happened” my voice sounds croaky and raw.

They tell me what happened and then they all slowly leave the room, Javier being the last one to leave.

He walks towards me with caution, grabs a bottle of water and helps me drink it “Get well soon” he whispers in my ear and my breath hitches; he smirks and walks away.

I don’t know where the stupid idea came from or where I got the energy from but I needed to thank Luka.
I get off the bed, pain soaring through me but I ignore it and walk out, I see Javier enter a room and I assume it’s Luka’s room.

I step in and see Javier and Mason in the room with Luka on the bed.

“The doctor says he’ll make a full recovery-” Mason freezes when the heart monitor flatlines.

And I feel my heart stop.

A.N. I'm gonna try to make longer chapters...