Chapter Eleven

Aidén’s P.O.V.
“You know, it’s a shame your real parents couldn’t be here to see the disappointment you’ve turned into. Oh, wait-they can’t, can they? They're dead.” Javiers voice drops to a cold mocking tone.

The air grew with tension and I could barely hear anything anymore, just anger running through my veins.
“How dare you” I hissed through gritted teeth. “You have no right to speak about them like that.”
Javier shrugged; his expression indifferent. “Why not? It’s the truth, isn’t it? Or do you still like to play pretend that my parents were yours”
That was the last straw, I usually keep my cool but this is just the last straw.

My temper snapped and I lunged at him, shoving him hard enough to send him stumbling back, he’s strong.
“Don’t you ever talk about my parents like that!” my eyes flashing with fury.
Javier straightened up; his face contorted with rage. “Or what Aiden? What are you going to do about it?”

Before I could respond to him, he swung at me, landing a punch squarely at my jaw and that sent pain through my body making me reel back a bit but I managed to quickly recover and tackle Javier to the ground.

I grappled him and gave him a few blows to the ribs and parts of his face and Javier, he gave me a left jab to the rib which hurt a lot.
Before I could register anything; we were being pulled apart by Luka and some other guy.

Breathing heavily, we both glared at each other, the hatred palpable. My face was obviously bruised while his lip was bleeding but he didn’t seem ready to back down.

“This isn’t over” Javier muttered, wiping the blood from his mouth, he can be so petty.

“It never is” I replied and rolled my eyes with a smirk on my face, even though it hurt to move a muscle.
With that, I turned and walked away, leaving Javier standing by the pool, seething with unresolved anger.

Ana’s P.O.V.
Saturday was…eventful

Sunday breezed by, I told Isabel about Jayden and she looked heartbroken because they’ve been dating for three years and he’s been cheating on her for over a year.

It's finally Monday and the hall way is crowded as usual but this time, everyone is talking about Javier’s brother, Aidén.

“Hi” Isabel joins me and follows me to my first class, chemistry. “Hey” I give her a small smile noticing the sadness still in her eyes.

We get to Chemistry lab and I give her a hug as we part ways.

I take my usual spot, at the back of class, I like it here because I can see practically everyone and everything- “Ciao” Aidén’s Italian accent floods my ears as he walks over to me.
“Hi” I say meekly as he surprisingly takes a seat next to me.

“Everybody, settle down!” Ms. Margret yells and the class is dead silent. “So, today we have a new student, Aidén Torres. Would you come out and tell us about yourself” She smiles and all the guys roll they're eyes.

“We’re not in kindergarten” Mason coughs out and everyone bursts into laughter while Ms. Margret glares at him.

Aidén stands and strides to the front of the classroom.

“My name is Aidén Torres, I love literature and music” After he says that all the girls are clapping like deranged fangirls.

“Do you have any of your textbooks” Ms. Margret asks and he shakes his head no. “I’ll take you to the library to get your books!” Camilla says all too fast, not even allowing Ms. Margret to speak.

I hate to admit it but Camilla has the best fashion sense in this school, she’s wearing a white mini skirt that stops mid-thigh and a black inner crop top that only shows a small part of her stomach and practically looks glued to her skin, she matches it all up with a small jacket.

Some time passes and they come back with some textbooks, Camilla offers him Valerie’s seat -acting like Valerie isn’t there- but he politely denies and seats next to me.

Thirty nerve wrecking minutes of learning about Chemical Equilibrium, all the guys look bored as hell while the girls are busy, doing what? Stealing glances at Aidén.

“Since you all look uninterested!” Ms. Margret snaps. “You all will write a seven-hundred-and-fifty-word essay on the dynamics of equilibrium” she says so sternly and everyone including me groans.

“Make that one-thousand. And I’ll be nice, you guys are to partner up with your seat-mate” And with that she walks out the class before the bell rings.

“We should meet after school, my place?” his voice sound like it’s been drenched in poison and all I could do was nod my head, afraid I’ll say something stupid.