Chapter 4 ~ Coffee

Vivian's POV:

I had just dropped Jamie off at my mums. I was on my way home to get changed out of my work clothes ready for this.. meeting.

I got home and just as I kicked my work shoes off, my landline phone went off. I picked it up and placed it against my ear.

"Hello, this is Vivian." I say down the phone.

"Hey Viv, it's Siobhan." She replied.

"Oh hiya, everything okay?" I ask, concerned.

"Yea. I've decided that I'll pick you up from yours. If you could tell me your address, I'll be there in 10 minutes." She said and I smiled warmly. I gave her my address and we said our goodbyes before hanging up. I got changed into a white shirt and black baggy jeans before adding a tie.

I'm more of a tomboy than a girly girl. I do wear dresses every now and again, but they're only for really special occasions. This wasn't special enough, yet.

I put my hair in a half up half down style, held by a clip. I wiped off my lipgloss and put on lip balm instead. I packed my bag and waited outside for Siobhan. I sat on my front porch looking at my watch. 5 minutes later, I heard a beep and saw her smiling at me through the window. I got up and ran over to the car, opening it and saying hello to her.

"Hi Siobhan." I said before smiling at her.

"Hello Viv. Choose where you want to sit." She said and I sat in the passenger seat. I closed the door and put my seatbelt on.

"So. Are you okay?" I asked Siobhan and she looked over at me, with a massive smirk on her face.

"Yes. And you?" She asked, still looking at me.

"Yea I'm ok-" I was cut off by the massive ring on her finger. What.. she was engaged?

She realises what I was looking at and quickly hid her hand. "Vivian.." she started before I interrupted.

"That's a nice ring. Congratulations." I say, looking at her heartbroken. I love her so much, but she was engaged?!

"Viv.."

"I'm sorry, I don't feel so good. I've gotta go." I say unbuckling the seatbelt and climbing out of the car. I run into my house and let my back hit the door before I drop to the floor crying. I hear Siobhan's car speed off as I sat there curled up into a ball.

I think I was sat there for a while before my landline rung. I ignored it because the only person who does ring my landline was Siobhan. I couldn't speak to her, not now.

I finally got up before walking to my kitchen and grabbing a bottle of vodka. I opened it and just drank and drank and drank until the bottle was empty. I was in too much pain to care about how much alcohol I drank. I rung my boss and booked some days off. I said Jamie was sick and I needed to take care of him so he let me have them.

Why should I care? Why did I react the way I did? She was getting married Viv, big deal. There wasn't anything between us anyway, I think I just care about her so much that that's why I stormed out her car the way I did.

The landline rung countless of times, but I ignored it. I was in too much pain to move, too much pain to speak, in fact I was hurting inside. It was too painful to do anything.

I cuddle up on the sofa and just fall asleep. I'm hoping the pain will disappear and I'll forget about her. She doesn't need me anymore, right?

The phone kept ringing until I finally decided to answer it.

"Vivian? Please speak to me. I don't want us to be like this!" She said. I could tell she had been crying, but I can't lie, I didn't care at the moment.

"Siobhan let me make something clear to you now. There was no 'us', there will never be an 'us'. I hope you and Roger have a happy life together. Please don't ever contact me again." I slammed the phone back down, instantly regretting everything I said. I loved her with every single bone in my body, I was just scared for her.

I don't know how I was going to handle this. I have my gorgeous son to look after. He was at his other mums house as it was her day. We didn't exactly end on good terms, however she's a brilliant mum.

Or at least I thought she was.

I went back to the sofa and put Spotify on. I instantly break down when Sailor Song started playing.

I saw her in the rightest way
Looking like Anne Hathaway
Laughing while she hit her pen
And coughed, and coughed

This song played in my car after meeting Siobhan for the first time. When I walked into that office and saw her stood there, boy did I know how gorgeous she was.

And then she came up to my knees
Begging, "Baby would you please
Do the things you said you'd do to me,
To me?

This song reminds me of Siobhan. The way she walks, the way her face lit up when she saw me, how I know she could be mushy. I start singing along to the chorus.

Oh, won't you kiss me on the mouth and love me like a sailor?
And when you get a taste, can you tell me, what's my flavor?
I don't believe in God, but I believe that you're my savior.

She was my saviour. In fact, even though she didn't know it, she was my everything. I'm glad to have been her first friend in ages. I had basically told the woman to leave me the fuck alone all because I hate the fact she's marrying her abuser.

For fuck sake Vivian, she might not have a choice. You should have heard her out.

I walk over to my landline and hesitated. Should I call her? Should I not? She may react the way I did and never want to speak to me again. It was worth a go.

I put her number into my landline before it rung. I was just about to give up before I heard her pick up.

"Vivian?" She said sounding a lot happier. I smiled hearing her voice again, even though she's been gone for 2 hours, I missed her.

"Hey sweetheart. Why don't you come over mine so we can talk?" I asked, thinking she was going to scream at me.

"I'll be over in 10." Siobhan replied before I hung up. I had to brace myself for what she was about to explain to me. I know she doesn't want to be with Roger. I see the way her smile drops when he messages her or rings her constantly. I know how she feels, my ex wife was the exact same.

10 minutes later, there's a knock at the door.

*

IM SO SORRY!!! ALSO IM IN BITS BECAUSE OF TONIGHTS EPISODE