Part 3: A Bond From A World Beyond

" Word will get out."  The cold grey mist covered the charred land on which the pale white figure of the reaper stood.

"Let it." The man replied with a voice as cold as empty space and as deep as the canyon that pierces the earth. "I intend to, after all."

"The kingdoms will know, Reid," a silhouette of a man enclosed by the mist could be seen, the figure walking towards Reid, "and they wont rest till they see barren land devoid of people."

Reid stayed silent. Slowly, he walked towards a woman clutching her son in her arms, both of their faces disfigured yet still alive.

"Save..." The woman whispered into the air as a last attempt. Her hands caressed the soft black hair of her child, the eyes of a loving mother filled to the brim with sadness only known by parents.

"Save my son."

Reid was taken aback. The woman's loyalty towards her son was what astonished him. A ray of light seemed to shine within his heart, only to be consumed by the vast darkness that lay deep in his heart.

He stared into the woman's eyes and shook his head in dismay. He could not bring the dead back but only guide them to what they deserve.

"Give me an answer, brother," the man asked persistently. "Decide the fate of our dream."

"Our dream?" Reid spat with anger seething in his eyes.

"Yes, the dream we had when we were kids."

"Do you believe in it anymore?" 

The man in armor tilted his head slightly; requesting more clarification.

"Do you believe in that dream, Markus?"

Markus remained with the atmosphere.

"As soon as he left, you were no more."

"As soon as he left, you no longer cared."

"This dream.." he muttered.

"It no longer became a part of you."

The silence continued once more; everlasting and invincible. The wind brushed against the backs of both men, the smell of burning grass wafted over their noses.

"You're looking for the boy, I presume?" Markus asked

"Yes." 

"Then I bid you farewell."

Reid looked into the azure-blue eyes of his brother. The man was stripped naked in his eyes, his soul bare for him to see.

"Goodbye..."

"Goodbye to you too, brother."