Twenty - Two

"Why are we here?" Amelia asked when he caught sight of her.

"Shush" Lou hissed whilst pulling her behind a tree.

"Anyways shouldn't you be at Uni?" She asked.

"I just pulled a sickie, ok?" Lou said.

"Don't make me feel worse about it than I already do."

"You have never pulled a sickie before?"

"Only missed 3 or maybe 6 days of university. Ever. And that was because I had the flu really bad." She said quietly.

Her eyes looked at the little cottage which had old bricks where there was 3 chimneys.

"What are we doing here?" Amelia said.

"Venessa left 20 minutes ago as she has a internship over in Manchester. Sophie had just left as I was arriving and my mom told me she works part time at a charity shop in Salford. It is 9:20am so she would still be out for a while and there is no alarm on the front door."

Lou had hardly slept last night due to the text message she had gotten last night.

"Lou?" Amelia said bringing her attention back to her.

"Why are we here?" Her eyes widened.

"Tell me it isn't what I think it is?"

"To break in?" Lou said.

"We really need to find the burner phone."

"How did I know you were going to say that?" Amelia groaned.

"It is evidence Amelia, actual evidence. That she was dealing drugs for Ben."

"You are asking me the sister of the brother that everyone believes murdered Ryan Brooks and to then break into my parents house? Not to emanation all the trouble I would be in if they ever found out."

"Shit, Amelia. I am so sorry I wasn't thinking."

Lou hadn't been thinking as she was so convinced that the truth was just waiting for them inside the house but she didn't even think of the position it would put Amelia through. Of course she couldn't break in with her as this town already treated her like a criminal and how much would it be for her if she got caught?

"I am so so sorry." Lou apologised again.

"I was so stupid. I know you cannot take any risks that I can I will go in alone."

"No" she said.

"If this is going to help clear Luke's name then I have to be there for that."

"Are you really sure?" Lou asked.

"I am sure" she said.

"So what is the plan?" He said.

"Break a window?"

She gave Amelia a stern look.

"No way. I was planning to use a key. We do live in Manchester and everyone has a spare key outside somewhere."

"Oh . . . Right. Let's go and have a look for the burner phone then detective."

Lou then went first and walked over to the front lawn but Amelia already had a spare key so she unlocked the door for them and they both walked inside the Brook's household.